Poll: Do Girls Need Pickup Lines

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
Doubtful, However, as i am No expert on this, let's ask the Pyro, Pyro?

Pyro: Haunk yao, Hurmph Hurmph Hurra Hudda Hurda Hmmpph No.

Thank you Pyro.
If you used that on me, you'd get it ;D hahaha.

Humour is a good way to make friends, so I'd probably laugh if someone said one to me and start talking to them.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Furburt said:
What? A girl says so much as hello to me and I'm already in love with her.

No, they don't need it. And yes, it's a lot harder for men to get girls. Why? Well, obviously this isn't the only reason, but for some reason, there's a pervading idea that men find hard to get sexy.

No, we don't. We find it annoying and condescending. If you genuinely like us, tell us. Please.

I wish girls were allowed to ask guys out as far as 'the rules' go. I've always had to ask my girlfriends out, never the opposite way around.

We need equality.
God I hate that hard to get attitude, it sorta makes the girl look like a stuck up *****.

And as for the girls asking guys out thing, it needs to happen more often, sitting around waiting for that guy you like to get the hint or ask you out isn't going to work they are equal to us so why not share the burden of asking someone out?

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Wait, wait, wait... There are actually people that use pick-up lines? I always thought they were just cheesy jokes that no one would actually say in a serious way.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
No one needs pickup lines, male or female. Fact is, they don't work 90% of the time, and when they do it's because they're so obviously terrible the recipient realizes you have a sense of humor, and is attracted to that.

And by "pickup line," I mean anything other than a simple introduction.
I hear that 'Hi' works pretty well.

Pick up lines are either cheesy or rude, neither seem like a really good way to chat someone up. No, it's not easier for women to get men. There is just as much unrequited or unnoticed love from women to men as vice versa. If women ask men out they're 'breaking the rules'; there are way more people who buy into that gender role crap than are even aware of it. People just need to get over it and go for what they want; everyone will be happier for it.

BubbaJeff

Dec 2, 2009
The only thing that was going through my head as i read this thread was the bird from Black Books when she's on a date with the gay guy:

"WELL, would you just look at these.... breasts"

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
I'd rather have a nice conversation that started with 'Hello' than 'Are you Jamaican? Cause, jamaican me crazy.'

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Hmm, as I guy, I get really nervous around girls (I'm 20) I'd MUCH prefer a girl ask me out, rather than the other way around... But in all seriousness, no, girls don't need a pick up line besides "hi" or "Want a blowjob?" Becuase if a girl says anything to a guy, they're more than likely gonna get attention.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
most women have two at all times, if you know what I mean.

bad joke aside, I don't think women are as desperate as men when it comes to things like that, mainly because men ask first.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
In general. Obviously some men have an easier time attracting women than some women have attracting men, but in general I'd have to say it takes a lot more work for the man to pick somebody up than the woman. Blame years of gender roles for that.
I think this is very very true. And it saddens me to not end. I have always hated having to ask girls out. I just wish it was not always expected of me "just because i'm the guy". So what if i am. I doesn't mean i'm good at it, or i like it. Despite all the crap women have to put up with, i have always envied them for this. I hate gender roles. Especially the one i'm stuck in. *sigh*

Tharwen said:
If a girl ever did feel a need to approach a guy, and not the other way round, I imagine she'd have a harder time doing it than the opposite gender simply because she wouldn't be used to it.
Not necessarily. Just because you're a guy does not mean you have experience in "picking up" girl, so not all guys are used to it.

And no, girl don't need pick-up lines. They just need to not be mutilated, or morbidly obese; well, you know, at least half-way average looking, and have at least a trace of personality.

Glademaster said:
Not to sound sexist as this might come off as sexist but girls do not need pick up lines. They just need to be mildly interested and appeal to the guy and your set. Well as a general rule there are obviously gonna be exceptions.
Yeah. That's pretty much my opinion too.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
sravankb said:
Girls don't need pickup lines. They just need to know how to look pretty.
It sounds sexist but it's true. As long as a woman makes herself look good and has a pleasant attitude, she can walk into a bar and have at least one guy hit on her. It might not be a quality guy, but it will be a guy nonetheless. A guy still has to look good and have a pleasant attitude, but he also needs to be financially well off, have a pickup routine, pay for the drinks, and walk the tightrope between getting maced and getting friend-zoned.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Some girls I know are big on pick-up lines. They try to come up with'em all the time. Unfortunately they're more like "I want to tell you how I feel through a not really clever, but more cheesy sequence of planned out" lines than the conventional striking conversation/ice breaking pick-up lines.

Galebaby

Apr 22, 2010
Hot or not if a girl is as dull as a rubber hatchet when she talks to me I'll just tell her some moronic reason why I'd rather not talk to her and stare blankly at her ass as she walks away.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
In general. Obviously some men have an easier time attracting women than some women have attracting men, but in general I'd have to say it takes a lot more work for the man to pick somebody up than the woman. Blame years of gender roles for that.
This. It depends really, but overall girls pick up easier.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
if i girl came up to me and said a funny pick up line it would work. then again she could probably not use the pick line and achieve more or less the same result.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
I say no. It can help, but it's by no means needed. My gf could have gotten away with "Movie Saturday, pick me up at 7:00." Let's face it, guys are fucking easy.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Nope, us males have to do the legwork!

A lesbian one might? maybe? No probably not.

blah_ducks

Dec 21, 2009
Of course, girl pick-up lines are a blast!

NSFW
younger audiences shouldn't view
"If I had a penis I would totally butt-rape you. ;)"

Rainbowloid

Jan 12, 2010
coxafloppin said:
Nope, us males have to do the legwork!

A lesbian one might? maybe? No probably not.
I've never used a pick-up line, and I haven't had any luck finding myself a lady... So I'm going to have to say that lesbians DO need pick-up lines.