The female pick up line:
Show boobs off
Dress a little slutty
Lean towards and touch guy

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
fluffybacon said:
No, and guys don't either.

What kind of pitiful guys actually think pickup lines work?
If I received a nickel for everytime I saw someone as beautiful as you, I'd have a dime.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I'd say it's very easy for girls to get guys, whether or not it's the guy they really want is another issue, but they'd have no problem picking up any random guy.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I'm in the crowd that says no one should use pick up lines, there just stupid and rarely original.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Furburt said:
What? A girl says so much as hello to me and I'm already in love with her.

No, they don't need it. And yes, it's a lot harder for men to get girls. Why? Well, obviously this isn't the only reason, but for some reason, there's a pervading idea that men find hard to get sexy.

No, we don't. We find it annoying and condescending. If you genuinely like us, tell us. Please.

I wish girls were allowed to ask guys out as far as 'the rules' go. I've always had to ask my girlfriends out, never the opposite way around.

We need equality.
Again, Furbert has the unnerring ability to quickly get in and warrant a "/thread" very quickly.

Anywho, Pick up lines are cheesy as hell, and I hate the fact that so many people expect a whole air of bravado and persistence to pick up girls. It's pretty stupid, since the best boyfriend material are usually the ones that think aggressive girl chasing is creepy, because it kinda is.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who likes relationships to be based on that weird thing called "friendship", so just disregard my ranting.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
Yeah, I think they need pick-up lines, like say "wanna see my 44's?" seriously, if a chick said that to me, the only answer would be "HELL YES!"

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
of course not. Though I do think that they are funny and can't hurt if you're not being serious about them- thinking they are actually gonna work. It's not like getting girls is a short process, either. I used some pickup lines on my current girlfriend the night I met her, but in the sort of friendly, goofy way of alleviating any possible tension building up and to keep things fluid.

That was about a year and 2 months ago. Still with her. Still use them on her when I find ones that make me laugh

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
You know what'd be funny? If a girl made a thread that says "Who wants to go on a date with me?" And see what happens. If The Escapist is in a lulzy mood, I guarantee there will be a yes, followed by a "get the hell away from my girl" and then "She's mine, you bastards!"

And then, A Challenger Appears! Will be shouted every second or third line.

Ladies, there are many types of guys in the world. First identify if your candidate is popular or unpopular, and if their moral sense is strong or not. This will tell you how much you have to agree to put out before progress is made.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Are there people who actually use pickup lines?
In any case, no, they do not.
Guys don't either.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
Darn, I was going to throw this picture up too! Oh well, too slow I guess.

But returning to the topic, it took you this long to realize this? Gender roles have really kind of cemented this into society. Girls in my neighborhood don't go looking for partners though. They patiently wait for you to make your move and throw your self esteem up to their mercy. You better shower before you ask girls out here is all I'll have to say.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Galebaby said:
Hot or not if a girl is as dull as a rubber hatchet when she talks to me I'll just tell her some moronic reason why I'd rather not talk to her and stare blankly at her ass as she walks away.
I'd say this if I was ever asked out. But I do manage to fit in the later agenda.

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
I follow the golden rule. There is a time and place for pickup lines. The time is never. You decide the place.

All seriousness aside, COME ON?! PICKUP LINES? SERIOUSLY?
How insulting is it for someone to walk up to you and preclude that your intellect is too low to understand a widely over-used statement is custom and sincere to you.

never... never in my life.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
This thread makes me smile lol. I don't think girls need pick-up lines at all. Actually, nobody needs to use pick-up lines. If someone actually used one on me, it would weird me out a bit.

acturisme

Jul 21, 2008
If you study the biology of human reproduction then you might have a better understanding about human sexual attraction. To answer your implied question, yes it is harder for guys. The best pickup line for any woman is this: "Hi, my name is ."

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
nin_ninja said:
Me and a couple of my female friends were looking at funny pickup lines on the computer and I noticed a couple of ones for females. I asked my friends if they ever used pickup lines on guys and obviously they hadn't. It just makes me wonder if its harder for men to attract women then vice-versa.
Yes, they do. It is a very complicated array of lines but if you stay with me it will pay off:

"Look, boobies" done.

Seriously: Females like to hide their cards whereas males show you what they have immediately (the answer: a hard-on). Females are thus in higher demand and have more breathing room to be little picky. Also, genetically speaking it is bad for women to fight for a male since they are stuck with a child for 9 months whereas the male can bang and go. Women should let the males fight over them as they do now.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
In general a guy will give a girl a chance if they find them attractive, which is a decision made instantly when he first sees her. If she is attractive (or maybe even if she's not) he would usually be willing entertain the idea of a relationship.

Most girls on the other hand would not jump on a guy just because he was attractive to her, he would need to offer more.

It's just biology: females need a "selection proceedure" because they can only have one partner at a time (ie once they are pregnant that is the end until they have had the baby). Males can impregnate a theoretical infinite number of women (ie once they have mated there is nothing stopping them mating again with someone else), so they don't need to be picky.

This is still the norm in society today - promiscuous men are often called "studs" (good) or something similar and promiscuous women are called "slags" etc (bad). Men only start being more selective when they are looking for a permanent relationship, which then puts them in a similar situation to women.