Poll: Do Girls Need Pickup Lines

Jun 11, 2008
Not to sound sexist as this might come off as sexist but girls do not need pick up lines. They just need to be mildly interested and appeal to the guy and your set. Well as a general rule there are obviously gonna be exceptions.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
no. Absolutely not. You pretty much just have to say, "hey, forget the names, let's jus thave sex" and there ya' go.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
omega 616 said:
Girls chat guys up? Were does this happen?

Seriously, without offending anybody, from what I have seen girls just seem to dress up and let guys choose, they then say yes or no, depending on there own tastes.
Yeah exactly.
To quote Queen:
"This is your life. Don't play hard to get. It's a free world. All you have to do is fall in love, play the game. Everybody play the game...of love."

kastanok

Mar 20, 2009
I wouldn't mind hearing a few pick up lines. But that still wouldn't clear up the matter of whether they're actually in to me or taking the piss.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Depends on the girl, but generally I say no. Since a girl just need to ring a bell to have some guys lined up.
Generally only use pick up lines if you can make it work for you. Sometimes striking up a conversation will work for you, sometimes it won't work. Everyone has something that will work on with them doing it, and won't work if someone else is doing it.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Most of the time, girls just have to wait for someone to approach them. So, no, they don't need pick-up lines.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
No, but lines such as "I can barely walk" and "I won't remember anything in the morning" go down a treat.

Oh how I joke...

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Any phrase will do as long as it doesn't include "like" more than a few times, and only as a proper simile.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
No-one 'needs' them, but both help.

Trust me, when a girl says "What winks and fucks like a tiger?" then winks at you, it's a pretty good moment regardless of whether they 'needed' that line.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
nin_ninja said:
Me and a couple of my female friends were looking at funny pickup lines on the computer and I noticed a couple of ones for females. I asked my friends if they ever used pickup lines on guys and obviously they hadn't. It just makes me wonder if its harder for men to attract women then vice-versa.
Could you specify what is a pickup line please? Sorry for not knowing, I just don't know what it is since >I live in another country.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Just like guys, girls probably think that they do....but let's face it, guys are usually easy lol. Girls don't need pick up lines. They use pick up gestures. A wink, a coy smile, a properly placed hand on the knee etc.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
If a girl ever did feel a need to approach a guy, and not the other way round, I imagine she'd have a harder time doing it than the opposite gender simply because she wouldn't be used to it.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
There are times and places where girls make the first move. My wife made the first act of communication between us in the form of an IM...though the IM was about something completely unrelated to dating.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'd like to see women being more proactive about this kind of thing. I hate it when some girls expect a guy to make the first move. It would really take a lot of weight off of our shoulders. Plus guys could do with the flattery.