Poll: Do the Escapists know how to tie a tie?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Yes, but it usually takes two or three tries for me to get it right because I don't wear one very often.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
No I still don't. You know what, I'm going to go look at a YouTube video now to see how to do it.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
I'm unpleasantly surprised at the number of people who have voted no on this poll. Jeez guys even Donkey Kong knows how to tie a tie, and he's a Gorilla! If you can't wear a tie, then what is it that separates us men from filthy animals? We're not penguins!

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Icecoldcynic said:
Of course I do, pretty much anyone who's been to a secondary school in England should be able to.
This.

Simply take the larger end of the tie; loop it around the other end over, under and then over again; pull it up through the gap between the tie and your neck; then finally push it down through the top loop.

Behold, my shitty ability to describe things.

thekrimzonguard

Jun 8, 2009
Yep: Four-in-Hand, Pratt, Half and Full Windsor.
Ties were mandatory through my secondary school and my 6th Form had a suits only dress code.

I can't tie a bow-tie though, which is obviously the coolest kind.

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
I can only tie the basic knot, but yes I can tie a tie. And if I do say so myself, I look damn good in a tie.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Yes. It's required for pretty much every country in my country to where a tie and uniform, so knowing how to tie a tie helps.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
:D I can. My old school required that girls and boys wore a tie, and while I could have had an elastic one, they looked awful xD

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
Icecoldcynic said:
If you can't wear a tie, then what is it that separates us men from filthy animals? We're not penguins!
the fact that we're capable of creating a small mechanical clip to compensate for the inability to tie a tie?

Feb 18, 2009
Slycne said:
Yes, but it usually takes two or three tries for me to get it right because I don't wear one very often.
This applies also to my case. I´m not a fan of those formal dresses so I wear a tie very rarely, but I can still make a half-way decent Windsor knot.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Yeah, but now the school has some shitty velcro ties for the younger years. Poor things, glad I'm leaving soon.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I learnt the half winsor or something for my work experience, but have since forgotten.

Oh, the shame.