Poll: Do you enjoy the start of a new school year?

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
For me I start school in about 2 weeks, some of you may already be in school or maybe others start later. Do you look forward to a fresh new year or dread it and daydream of the freedom and joy of summer vacation? Personally, I don't mind the start of school, just the work that comes with it. I'm naturally lazy, but I put in hardwork when I have to; doesn't make much sense I know, a hardworking lazy person. However, I enjoy seeing the friends who I don't normally see during the summer and new classes can be exciting. School will never be as good as summer vacation, unless they ever do away with homework.

So that being said, what is your opinion on the start of a new school year. Even if you're out of school or maybe don't go to school share your thoughts.

Egitor

Jan 28, 2010
Different point of view for me, as I'm a teacher.

I don't enjoy it much as it means startup meetings, studying students names (I'm bad with names, need to pour hours into learning them), new didactics plans, starting up of all sorts of new activities, introductionary stuff with students and collegues alike...

Too busy for me to enjoy it really. I'd rather skip ahead to the third/fourth week :)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Egitor said:
Different point of view for me, as I'm a teacher.

I don't enjoy it much as it means startup meetings, studying students names (I'm bad with names, need to pour hours into learning them), new didactics plans, starting up of all sorts of new activities, introductionary stuff with students and collegues alike...

Too busy for me to enjoy it really. I'd rather skip ahead to the third/fourth week :)
Oooo nice job. No sarcasm intended

Ahem, depends on who's in my class

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I also go back in two weeks, but it'll be ok as it's my last year. That makes it both exciting and daunting at the same time. And I too am a hardworking lazy person, it's a great skill to have.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
I love it! Means when I get up and go to uni/shops there's no snot-dribbling brats about the place, running about wheeling their cheeserbobbles and whatchadings all over the street.

Shame it doesn't fix the weekends tho...

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
Well i enjoy the first couple weeks. Than I start hating school more and more as the days go by. That summer comes back and the cycle begins anew.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
All it means is that I won't be bored for about half the day. So...yeah, I guess I do like it.

I much prefer the middle of the year though. That's when I'm in a groove, got the teachers figured out and other stuff like that.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I start school on the 25th and its the second year in my entire life that I have actually wanted to go to school. Last year, which was my junior year of high school I began vocational school, and unlike the school I had been going to before that the teachers there are actually competent. It really makes me sad that i'm only getting a decent education for the last two years of high school.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
First day of school's always exciting (for a lack of a better word). Everything's downhill from there.

I'm starting my junior year. Supposed to be the worst one too. :(

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Yes, I look forward to it every year. I've always loved learning and going to school. My schedule for fall is awesome!

JohnnySex

Dec 31, 2009
Normally I do get excited for a new school year but now we're all leaving for college so it's a bit depressing...

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Oh, fuck no. After weeks of chilling out, going to bed and waking up when I want and generally having fun, I hate going back to school.

An option which your poll seems to be lacking...

skittlepie345

Aug 11, 2009
No. I'm starting the 10th grade in two or three weeks, and I'm not looking forward to working ass off to get good grades. It also means spending nights working on group projects by myself. Though it's only nine months long. I'll manage somehow, despite that Dragon Age 2 is going to make getting good grades a lot harder...

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
I can't wait. It means I can walk into town without being heckled by every bored chav sitting on low walls.