Poll: Do you enjoy the start of a new school year?

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
The start of University. Yes please!
Still got 6 weeks to get everything in order before I go.

Was sad not to get into my first choice, but atleast I know people where I'm going now...

Not like Secondary school or college where about 3 other people outside my friends from previous schools came along as well.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
I start school on MKonday...the day after tomorrow...NOOOOOOOOO

I mostly dislike the first day, as it means you have to leatrn new routines and locker combination. This is my first year of REAL High School even though this year I'm a Sophomore. Wish me luck!

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I hate starting school again. Probably because I'm lazy and hate all the work.

And now that I've experienced work that has paid me, it will feel even worse.

Friends are nice to see, though.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Its the perfect opportunity to create a new look for yourself if you're around new people.
But usually it sucks.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Normally I do, but I discovered that my best friend has been expelled so I'm fucking dreading it.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
I didn't enjoy any of school at all, but I enjoy all of College so yeah should be good. Watch me hate it by the time we've started the January A2 exams :|

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
Egitor said:
Different point of view for me, as I'm a teacher.

I don't enjoy it much as it means startup meetings, studying students names (I'm bad with names, need to pour hours into learning them), new didactics plans, starting up of all sorts of new activities, introductionary stuff with students and collegues alike...

Too busy for me to enjoy it really. I'd rather skip ahead to the third/fourth week :)
I'd be willing to guess you're the cool teacher if you have an account here on the Escapist :D

OT: I like when school starts up again, it's usually right around the time summer begins to get REALLY boring, and I don't usually get to see my friends a lot during the summer because I have a lot going on, so it's nice to see everyone again when school starts.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
It's awesome, first two weeks meeting the new students at the program and just playing around last year were probably the most fun two weeks of my life. This year will have some fairly bleak undertones but it'll still be a lot of fun.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
HELL NO! its good for a change of pace but then after the first week i want it to be over again. im not even halfway excited my friend scientifically proved im 30% excited for school and thats as high as its going to get.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
Well, as much as the thought of slogging through a full school year brings me dread, I hate the transition the most. At least I'm in my apathetic get it finished routine and mood during the year. I hate the first week, despite it's ease.

"Hey bud wassup?!" and "ok students, lets introduce ourselves" really fucking bug me. Blame it on my shyness or desire to keep generaly unnoticed but I really fucking hate this shit