Poll: Do you like Halo?

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
xdom125x said:
I think it is an okay game that gets a bad wrap because it solidified "jock" presence in gaming alongside Madden.
A moment ago, I was thinking how I always find this "jock" accusation baffling.

Then I post in another thread about stereotypes and I suddenly get it.

On-line video game players are closer to sports fans as a stereotype. They're loud, trash-talking, and in-your-face like sports fans typically are at sporting events. Whereas gaming tends to be a bit more introverted. If you do play with friends, there might be trash-talking, but, hey, they're your friends and forgive them. But some random dude on-line starts saying the same shit over a microphone and suddenly he's a fucking jock. Same applies to the frat boy insult.

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
Yes, I enjoy the hell out of Halo. The first was great (I still play it), the second was shit, the third sort of restored my faith in the series, ODST impressed me greatly with the narrative and art style, Reach blew me away.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
You can't really complain about this thread being simplistic or low content. A lot of people seem to rag on Halo as if the majority of people think it is a bad game. TC has simplified the question and presented it without any outlying factors or a middle ground.

Do you like Halo?

I hate it when people over-analyze the shit out of a game in an attempt to make it not fun. Each Halo game has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Halo 1 had a great campaign (design and plot-wise). Halo 2 introduced a very stable and well designed multiplayer. Halo 3 made that multiplayer experience much cooler with TONS of features. Halo Wars was a reasonably well polished take on console RTS. ODST was a semi-cool artsy take on Halo bogged down by lame, poorly developed characters? I dunno... this one wasn't really too great... and Halo Reach was a pretty well made shooter in both campaign and multiplayer. Sure, the story doesn't really stand up to a lot of other games, but it could honestly be wayy worse.

But yeah, I think a "good" game is defined by the ratio of the amount of people who like it to the amount that do not, and I think this thread proves that Halo is a pretty damn good game.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Played the first one of the original xbox and wondered how anyone could enjoy a console FPS. Then the genre started taking over the business and I haven't been able to find any good games, and so I blame it on Halo. I hate Halo.

That second part may be misplaced hate but it doesn't change the fact when I played it I thought it was a shitty game with shitty controls.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Liked the first one, hated the 2nd one and haven't played any halo game after that, but from what I seen it´s just more of the same so I will go with "No, I do not like Halo."

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
ExaltedK9 said:
Yea.

I hate most people who play multiplayer though.
You are my new favorite person.

OT: First was alright. Second was okay. Third was meh. ODST was not worth full price. Reach was HOLY CRAP I'M IN SPACE COMBAT-wait, it's over? decent.

Didn't play Wars. I'm not into RTS.

Added all up, yes, I like Halo.
Like.

And the books weren't bad.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I'm a PC gamer so I don't really get to play it often, but it wasn't a bad game.

The people saying that it's the greatest FPS of all time I'd have to disagree with though, that title belongs to Counter Strike: Source.

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
I don't like Halo. I mean, yeah, the first one was fun and all, but it's really really stagnant. I'm of the 'game-should-stand-on-it's-single-player-first-and-foremost' school of thought.

It is fun multiplayer though, but I'm not too broken up about not owning it.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I don't like it, but I don't exactly hate it. It's not really a shooter which stands out. I remember playing it when it first came out on Xbox. Yeah the graphics were really pretty for the time but that was about it.