Poll: Do you like Israel?

B.U.C.K

Sep 17, 2010
I saw the question on Germany so I thought what the hell..
How do all of you gamers out there feel about my homeland?

..I get a feeling that this will controversial..
No matter what, I love you guys and please give your honest opinion..I am just curious

Cheers

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I know almost nothing about Israel.
EDIT:Save what the news tells me ofcource.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Well, being from Israel, I love it. My favorite country. Doesn't mean the politicians are always right, I just love the place.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Not sure, I think giving that chunk of land to the israeli's in the 40's was a mistake, I think the way they treat palestine is awful...but they don't have much choice in their current situation. They do a lot of bad but it's better than the alternative of getting absolutely slaughtered by the rest of the middle east.

So somewhere between a half-hearted 'yes' and a reluctant 'no'.

That's diplomatically anyway, everything else about Israel is ace lol

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
B.U.C.K said:
I saw the question on Germany so I thought what the hell..
How do all of you gamers out there feel about my homeland?

..I get a feeling that this will controversial..
No matter what, I love you guys and please give your honest opinion..I am just curious

Cheers
Go Israel, I love my country.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I know nothing about it, except for what the news told me and they never say anything good about anything.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
JochemDude said:
It's a beautifull country though not really tourist friendly.
Why isn't so tourist friendly?
Even though we are considered 'dangerous' , this year had the largest attraction of tourists in a decade.
Our military, military police and police forces keep citizens and tourists safe.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What do you mean? The current generation of people living there, Israel as a concept, or what?

As a concept, no. Or at least, not in a place guaranteed to cause interminable fighting. I'm not exactly sure where in the world you can point in and say "See that spot there? It's belongs to another religious/ethnic group now, you lot, hop it." and things will work well...but some places are going to be worse than others.

The politics, also no. Maintaining power by constant warfare (admittedly not one-sided), blockading necessities and driving people off their land isn't something I'm a fan of.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i dont know. israel seems abit scummie. taking over all that area just cause the jews needed a homeland and they used to live there a 1000 years ago or what ever.

thats like the indians taking over a chunk of the US or inuits taking a chunk of canada or koories taking a chunk of australia. no one would stand for that but people seem to be ok with israel? maybe im missing something.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Israel is a nation like any other - it has good points and bad points. No nation is totally evil or totally good.

Frankly, I see Israel has a.... paranoid country that's a bit too willing to lash out at others. Given its history, it's understandable that they are hyper paranoid about everyone and everything.

I support Israel's right to exist. But here's the thing: I also support Palestine's right to exist. I think the two should exist side by side.

Israel have caused some problems, but not all of the problems in that region are it's fault - both Jews and Arabs have been VERY racist against each other. I think Israel is changing, as its youth finds its voice, and that's a good thing.

I don't think Israel are horribly maniacally evil, unlike some on the left. I do think the current government is racist against Arabs (just look at the stuff your foreign minster says), but the Arabs are just as racist as the Jews.

I've met several Israelis - and they were just people, you know. No different than any other. A bit more hawkish than other nationalities, but again after waging, what, five wars in relatively quick succession, you're gonna be a bit paranoid.

Overall, I like the Israeli people, but I have problems with your government and their response to the Palestinians. If your government would just stop increasing the size of Israel, then I would probably like Israel a lot more. I'm not saying that Israel should give huge chunks of land to the Palestinians, but that you refrain from erecting more settlements on Palestinian land. Israel has a right to exist - not a right to slowly crush Palestine out of existence. It's the Palestinian's homeland just as much as it is yours.

If you're talking about Jewish culture and the Israeli culture as a whole - I have no problem with it. They're very much westerners. They wear jeans and drink Coca Cola and play video games. I have no problem getting along with Israelis or Jews.

So yeah - I view Israel has a nation that is (somewhat justifiably) paranoid, but generally not as evil as some would make it out to be. Then again, I also don't see Israel has some sort of shining perfect beacon in the Middle East - I have serious problems with the way your government treats the Palestinians, but I am also well aware that there is a lot of debate and dissatisfaction within Israel itself in regards to this - a lot of Israelis want peace as well, and the Palestinians have committed just as many harmful acts of war as the Israelis. In regards to the Palestinian/Israeli conflict: I think both sides are responsible for the conflict and both sides NEED to compromise in order for peace to be achieved.

But Jews as a whole - they're fine. They're just people like me or anyone else. Don't have a problem with them.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
thaluikhain said:
What do you mean? The current generation of people living there, Israel as a concept, or what?

As a concept, no. Or at least, not in a place guaranteed to cause interminable fighting. I'm not exactly sure where in the world you can point in and say "See that spot there? It's belongs to another religious/ethnic group now, you lot, hop it." and things will work well...but some places are going to be worse than others.

The politics, also no. Maintaining power by constant warfare (admittedly not one-sided), blockading necessities and driving people off their land isn't something I'm a fan of.
But you need to ask yourself how far can a person go when he claims land for himself.
If you accept what the Palestinians say, you should also return all land that American took from the natives there, India should become a British colony again...
Nobody investigates their claims seriously, they just say that they are right so that they could claim Israel is wrong.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
They are an ally of the United States, and a force for democracy in the middle east. They have my support.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I don't know a great deal save for the fact they've had land taken from and given to them many times in history. I just find it odd that they were given that barren bit of land to work with in the 40's and Palastine, while indignant, didn't hugely fight against it. Now that they've made something out of it, Palastine get up in arms about it and want it back...

Still, I don't really have much of an opinion, just two more countries fighting over some soil in the international spotlight.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
JochemDude said:
It's a beautifull country though not really tourist friendly.
Why isn't so tourist friendly?
Even though we are considered 'dangerous' , this year had the largest attraction of tourists in a decade.
Our military, military police and police forces keep citizens and tourists safe.
I was kept in a holding cell for about 6 hours, because I had taken my medication with me. I wasn't allowed to leave for another month consisting of negotiations with my health insurance company in Holland and the israel officials. That was kind of a let down because I was intending to travel through asia in the coming 2 month's.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
But you need to ask yourself how far can a person go when he claims land for himself.
If you accept what the Palestinians say, you should also return all land that American took from the natives there, India should become a British colony again...
Nobody investigates their claims seriously, they just say that they are right so that they could claim Israel is wrong.
I never said anything about returning the land, just that taking it in the first place was wrong (though there's nothing to be done about that, that was several generations ago) and continuing to take more continues to be wrong.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Kukulski said:
Sorry bro, one rant a day is what my doctor told me.

Yes, why bother with these petty arguments when you could eat a jammie dodger instead? Oh and one more thing: BREATHE!

The entire Middle-East is a bloody mess and controversy was likely born there.