Poll: Do you like Israel?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
kasperbbs said:
I know nothing about it, except for what the news told me and they never say anything good about anything.
Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. I mean, what I hear about the Gaza Strip is pretty awful, but I don't really know a lot about the situation. They get minus points for their secret service faking Irish passports though.
Yes they do. I'm ashamed of the screw-ups in our secret service.
We had the same thing with New-Zealand and their passports.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Comrade_Beric said:
Many seem to believe that the entire reason for the conflict boils down to religion. While it is true that religion plays its role in both places, Palestine needs no religious excuse for their position.

Israel has to rely on religious literalism and international sympathy for the holocaust to excuse their behavior of stealing land, bombing civilians, and declaring their nation to be defined as racially Jewish. Palestinians need no such excuses. Some Arabs may speak of the conflict in religious terms, but their cause is political and, in my opinion, is entirely just. There are still people alive today who remember living on the land their fathers have owned for centuries. Palestinians are a group of people who, because of their non-Jewish status, have had their land simply taken from them and re-purposed for the occupation of a new, racially-defined, nation. I have nothing but sympathy for the Palestinians and to anyone who brings up the supposed terrorist acts done by them I say: Would the Russian Partisans or French Resistance have been as effective if they'd laid down their arms and begged the Nazis to only take half of Europe?
Ugh, I'm going to hate myself for responding to this, buuuuuuuuuuuuut......

So the solution to this problem, of which you describe people alive today remembering the time they lived on their own land, is to evict more people out of the land (7+ million)? I really find this "solution" detrimental to everyone involved because it will only make the situation cyclical. It only ignores the bigger, core issue of relieving tension and just trying to get everyone to play nice.

And trying to compare terrorist organizations who not only want to destroy Israel completely, but bring down western civilization and whatnot, to organizations during WWII, one of the largest conflicts in history with shit going down yo, is kind of weird to say the least.

Bleh, me and my big fat mouth and itchy fingers. I've started something, didn't I?

VaderMan92

Sep 9, 2010
personally I don't see any thing wrong with Israel and I think the Jews should have their own homeland. That said the fact that the USA props up Israel with military and monetary aid is the reason most of the mid east hates us. But too late now its not like their gonna get un-pissed at us if we stop supporting them.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
Hmmm, I know very little about Isreal. I mean, to be honest, I'm actually incredibly confused about what's happening over there in the middle east.

On a side note, I find arabic script to be very beautiful. I also think whitewashed middle-eastern guys are hot.
That's about as far as my opinion goes on the subject.

MoeTheMonk

Apr 26, 2010
My support is for Israel totally. They are assaulted across the Palestinian border every single day, by bombs, rockets, the works. Almost every war they've waged have been in response to outside aggression. No reason not to support them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
B.U.C.K said:
How do all of you gamers out there feel about my homeland?
Israel? Fine.

Israel's policies which border on genocide in the name of "self defense?"

Not so fine.

I have serious problems with human rights and ethics violations. Otherwise, I'm rather ambivalent.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Not a big fan of Israel and their atrocious policies. America needs to stop funneling billions of dollars of money a year to them.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
VaderMan92 said:
personally I don't see any thing wrong with Israel and I think the Jews should have their own homeland. That said the fact that the USA props up Israel with military and monetary aid is the reason most of the mid east hates us. But too late now its not like their gonna get un-pissed at us if we stop supporting them.
Did you know that you're giving money to Lebanon and Palestine (West Bank autonomy) too?
Yes.
Their hate doesn't come from that.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I think people are most sick about The U.S.'s support for Israel and the fact that they are never held accountable for their actions to the same degree as other countries in the (largely U.S.-controlled) United Nations.

However, I also think the leaderships of Arab countries make a lot of political mileage out of Israel and live off the back of the injustice in the Gaza Strip and West Bank. In many ways Israel and Arab countries live in a perversely and mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship to each other, where each party reiterates their existence thanks to the other.

May 5, 2010
Never been there, never met anyone FROM there. Therefore, I have no opinion. This is EXACTLY what I said about Germany, and Canada before that.

Can we, you know, stop with these?

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
The people of Israel are like any else, the politicians however are a bunch of liars, like when they attempted to sink a US aircraft carrier outside Egypt, to make USA believe that the libyans were attacking them and therefore creating a war inbetween Libya and USA

But they managed to send out a distress signal that Israel were attacking them and therefore hindering a war, a lot of marines died that day, and who knows what else they've done secretly.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
TitanDrone said:
I have never been to Israel so I voted I don't care.

I DO get a LOT of my daily news filled by stories about Israel vs. everyone and I want them to stop. If you live in Israel or have any influence over what goes on there, I kindly ask that you get your $%&# together and move in to the 21st century with the rest of us. Here are some pointers.

- don't divide your population along ethnic lines
- do not force a conflict when the courts can resolve disputes
- eliminate extremists' access to elected posts (don't vote for them.)
- don't allow religious arguments to influence politics (no priests or clergy may hold office.)
- make love, not war (sounds corny, but in the case of Israel it is still valid.)

And finally. Try your best not to turn up on my TV news any more. Failure to do so, will result in my support for a UN solution that revokes the rights of anyone to live there. I call it the kindergarten-solution. A solution often used when kids cannot agree to share toys; remove said toy from the equation. In this case the rights of ANYONE living there are in jeopardy because a small minority (on both sides,) insist on using violence, threats, forced re-settlement and other 18th century methods.

On behalf of the rest of the world: SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR FAIL COUNTRY.

Now back to playing computer games to Escape our dull reality.
Everything you listed is a problem within the U.S. We have no priest in office but I can name a few Presidents who think they were. No non-Christian will ever hold office for the for-seeable future... Don't say JFK, to a Pagan like me Catholisicm is Christian (worship of Christ)

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I don't like Israel. The only thing I find good about their country is their architecture, and how they've managed to modernize a primarily medieval culture very well.

All the rest, I think they are pretty under standard. West bank and Gaza Strip, not cool guiz. And the Jewish and Palestinian conflict, while mostly out of the governments control most of the time aren't cool either. And public unrest and riots seem to play a large part as well.

Israel's populace from what I've seen seems to have a 'f*ck the system' attitude. If a countries population thinks that, they must be doing at least one thing wrong...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MoeTheMonk said:
No reason not to support them.
Unless you count the massive overkill involved. Response to a rocket or bomb wit no casualties? Kill indiscriminately, even though they have the technology for precision. I have no tolerance for it when my own country does it (The US); I see no reason to support it when another does. It's like using a shotgun in a fistfight. It's unnecessary and monstrous.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Exterminas said:
No.
But I have to add that I have never been there and I am a german, so I got bombarded with guilt-inducing propaganda my whole life. Makes it kind of hard to like them.

In addition to that the whole middle-east conflict seems really silly to me. Why did they have to found Isreal there? Why couldn't it be somewhere in Nevada?

I mean Holy Places are one thing, but are they worth this kind of bullshit all the time?
Hey I don't want to be kicked out of my house in Nevada because some group of punks have religious claims to it! Why don't they get moved to Mexico, no Mexican want to live their for some reason...