Poll: Do you Like Unlocking Characters?

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Not if the characters are all equally balanced. Then you're having to fight with characters you don't like, just to get the one your probably fancied being from the very start.
If the characters unlocked are powerful, difficult to use, or broken, then they should be unlocked.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Slyde said:
Douk said:
Just because what?! I don't even understand what you're trying to do, whether you were trying to insult me or render my comment useless when I rendered your moaning post a waste of time
I'll say it again... get a grip.
You didn't render my comment useless, you just said 'get a grip' which doesn't really mean anything specific.

stiver

Oct 17, 2007
I've said it before, but all Multiplayer games NEED to have the option to either have the content locked, or unlocked at the start. The Player can choose if he wants the challenge of unlocking stuff, or to simply play the games as a MP game.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
I liked it in Lost Planet. It's pretty cool that they have a character model that unlocks at lv.85 or something, with patterns unlocked for him later, and he did look bad-ass. The same goes for Lost Planet: Colonies, at lv.100 you got a Frank West model, and at lv.130 you got a robot, with patterns being unlocked for it later.

I like that, it's purely aesthetic and doesn't benefit the player in any way (unless the guy he goes up against shits it because he's being chased by a robot). I like being given cool shit for stuff I do, even if it doesn't benefit me statistically.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Unlocking characters in the old Marvel vs Capcom 2 was one of the big reasons I played that game so damn much.