Poll: Do you own a gun? If so, why?

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
It's in the title really, but I want to know the real reason some one has one other than " its my right as laid down in X"

Sacred about other people with guns;protection?

Recreation?

As a tool for your job?

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Yes, it's legal, I like to go to the shooting range with my dad and protection. The gun a man has shows how tuff and manly he is.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
I sometimes need to put down my raving fans with force.

Nah, just kidding. I like to go hunting occasionally during the autumn.

clicketycrack

Apr 6, 2009
I own a gun for protection but I don't even have any ammuntion for it. Don't make much sense does it?

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Yes, to kill deer, birds, opossums, racoons, you(everyone reading this post, I'm watching you) with.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
If I could I would for protection actually. All I got right now is a sword.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
No, I'm 15 at the moment, and my mom wouldn't be too hot on me owning a firearm. I plan to get one when I can legally apply for a permit on my own, though...

JRslinger

Nov 12, 2008
Some of my guns are for recreation only. One of my pistols I carry legally for protection. My mentality is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also believe that self defense is a human right.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Gotham Soul said:

This is kind of off-topic, but I'm digging the avatar. Nice to see another Clerks Animated series fan.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
I have a home made Double Helix rail gun. But it's massive and as yet, can't penatrat heavy armour.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I own 3 for hunting but I plan to be a lawyer so after I get my degree maybe I should look into getting a permit for a pistol....

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
JRslinger said:
Some of my guns are for recreation only. One of my pistols I carry legally for protection. My mentality is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also believe that self defense is a human right.
Martial arts is a better way. But when your in america where lots of people do own guns, I see the point of having a gun.

But could you actually pull the trigger on the attacker? I can go all ninja ( I do do martial arts before you ask lol) on my attacker knowing I can kill him but am not going to, just hurt him to what ever degree is necessary. With a gun, you have a much higer chance of killing your attacker, and the damage is always pretty similar, and can't always be called "reasonable" force.

ranc0re

Mar 27, 2009
I own a few guns for hunting and what-not. None of this "It's to protect my family" bullshit. Mine's to get meat for me and my family.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I don't own a gun, but I do enjoy shooting for recreation. I've been wanting to get a shotgun so I can go shoot trap more often without having to borrow a friend's gun, but I just don't have the money right now to buy one.

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
ranc0re said:
I own a few guns for hunting and what-not. None of this "It's to protect my family" bullshit. Mine's to get meat for me and my family.
llewgriff said:
I have several guns, I use them for hunting, recreation and protection.
kommando367 said:
Yes, to kill deer, birds, opossums, racoons, you(everyone reading this post, I'm watching you) with.
Gotham Soul said:

I hope you actually eat the meat, other wise your just killing animals for the sake of it, which is barbaric in my opinion.

The idea of it all still seems barbaric in itself,just that you don't eat the meat is more barbaric, along with fishing in my mind, why kill some thing, when you could by a version ment for slaughter?

For instance chickens. The ones that are bred for meat, don't know what true life is like, so I don't mind eating them, as they don't know that this is "cruel"( I use that term loosely) treatment for them.

Where as if you kill a fish in a river, or a rabbit in the forest, or even a dear, that animal was living a "normal" life, until you came along and shot it with out real need to. Which I believe is barbaric.

rainman2203

Oct 22, 2008
Repost methinks? But I don't own an actual gun (have paintball + airsoft) and see no real reason to. Where I live I don't need a real gun, and an airsoft gun has the same effect as a real one if your using it for 'protection' (which should just be pointing it at them. Shooting someone who walks into your house or yard is illegal, even in Texas). That said, I respect that the Constitution allows for the bearing of arms and would no sooner attempt to take them away from my fellow citizens than to tell them what religion to believe in. Would the world be better without guns? Probably. Do I enjoy shooting stuff with them anyway? Hells yes.

JRslinger

Nov 12, 2008
cyber_andyy said:
JRslinger said:
Martial arts is a better way. But when your in america where lots of people do own guns, I see the point of having a gun.

But could you actually pull the trigger on the attacker? I can go all ninja ( I do do martial arts before you ask lol) on my attacker knowing I can kill him but am not going to, just hurt him to what ever degree is necessary. With a gun, you have a much higer chance of killing your attacker, and the damage is always pretty similar, and can't always be called "reasonable" force.
Yes I could pull the trigger if under attack with lethal force. Martial arts is a good supplement to carrying a gun and I admit I've slacked off on mine. There are some situations though where using a gun would give me a better chance at survival than martial arts.