Poll: Do you plan on buying a next gen console?

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I already have a PC that can outperform either of the new consoles, plus it has plenty of indie games that neither console does. So I see nothing at all to attract me to either of them.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Does an Ouya count? If not then no.

I'll stick to PC gaming thank you very much, as many of the features I viewed as the only positive of console gaming have been removed.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
No. I'd like to, but they've made too many bad decisions already. If you held me at gunpoint, I guess I'd go with the PS4 but I'd rather keep my 360. I really don't want to go into PC gaming (at least not for mainstream games) but it looks like that will have to do.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I know I'm going to get a WiiU some time in the future for Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, and the next Zelda (I'm on the fence for Wind Waker HD). I may also get a PS4 much later.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
No, because consoles can't do everything like a desktop machine can, which marks it as poor value for money in my eyes.

Not to mention that even the most powerful console is still a hardware downgrade compared to my desktop machine. Well, except for the number of cores. I've got 6, the x86-64 consoles have 8.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
At this stage, I'm leaning towards spending whatever money I would have spent on any of them on a new video card for my PC, but I'll wait until I can nail down each of their key points with 100% accuracy.

If I had a gun to my head, right now I'd say the PS4.

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
I will be getting the Xbox one, The problems everyone is shitting bricks over are nothing to me, It has Drm so does my phone and even steam to a degree, I have to pay a fee to play used games, Meh I rarely ever buy used game.

I would be getting a PC but it just doesn't appeal to me, Sure I have better graphics but I have to sit at a desk and the there is always the fear that a game might not work, Sure I know how to fix it most of the time and a quick look on forums normally gives me the answer if I don't know how to sort the problem, But I like the fact that if I put a game in my console it will work 99.99% of the time with no effort from me.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm certainly going to be picking up a next-gen console, but when I do it is the major question. I'm already planning on picking up a WiiU sometime, but I'm still waiting for a better library of games to release for it. This might come sooner than expected. I also am anticipating the PS4 as my primary console this upcoming generation, given that it will probably have a better long-term library than the WiiU, and I probably will find more of its games to be worth getting even after the WiiU gets a better library (I'm speaking based on my experience this generation). However, I absolutely refuse to get the Xbox One unless Microsoft manages to convince me that the console isn't as bad as we currently think it is, and I seriously doubt they will.

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
I've owned my Xbox 360 since launch day and I've still barely scratched the surface of the games available. I think I can afford to wait out the next generation for a long while whilst I enjoy what this one still has. May pick up a PSVita at some point but only because the thought of Oddworld on the train makes me drool....

Rickin10

Mar 16, 2013
Not looking like it at the moment. If the people at Microsoft, who appear to have lost touch with reality, stick with the slew of anti-consumer butt-fuckery I'll be avoiding that on principle. Sony have been incredibly vague, which makes me believe they'll be following many of the same practices, so I think i'll be saving up for a PC.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I don't even own one from this generation, so no chance im buying one from next gen till i have a ps3 and caught up on about a million games, im interested in.

soitgoes19

Jul 8, 2012
I'll be getting a PS4, although I might have to wait until after launch. The PS3 isn't perfect, but I've enjoyed having one this generation. Everything I've seen so far has made me think the new system looks like a great improvement. Unlike a lot of people here I think we're ready for the next Gen to come out.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
The sole reason that I would buy any console, old and new, has been the same since the 16-bit era: the games.

If there are games that I want to play that are released for a specific console, I'll go ahead and get the console for the games.

Currently, I would want to wait for more games to be released for the WiiU and PSVita before I get them. Also, I'm planning on getting a 3DS XL soon so that I could get the new Pokemon titles and finally play Kingdom Hearts 3D.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Certainly not for the first year or so of the generation.
i might think about it if they improve and/or suddenly become very cheap.