Poll: Do you plan on having children?

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
If so, how many do you want?
If not, do you have reasons you're willing to share?

Have you had them already?

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
I do, one or two, but not for another good 12 years or so, mid-30's sounds about right, before then I'm still sorting my life out and setting my career up.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
It truly depends. If i'll be able to raise children in a financial sense,and if i find somewhat loveable wife,then probably yes. I'm really not sure how this will turn out.

Carne

Jul 27, 2008
I see the sense in having one, but that is still far off. I don't feel like going through a whole bunch of crazy women to find one who isn't right now.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
sms_117b said:
I do, one or two, but not for another good 12 years or so, mid-30's sounds about right, before then I'm still sorting my life out and setting my career up.
now I'm not a expert on such things but: isn't 30 a little late for "setting up" a career? if you don't have a good job by then it's going to be tough getting.
as with the kid thing, well I'll have expectations that I guess I'll have to throw out the door
"DID YOU HEAR ME?!! NO POP MUSIC UNTIL YOU KILL GLADOS!!!"
and I'll still have to find someone consenting to actually raise a kid so......................nope can't see it happening

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I should say - I used to. Then as I got older I thought it through and changed my mind. More recently I've thought 'if I find the right person'. But deep down I think I don't want any.

I can't work out if it's self-hatred or hatred of the world that's driving my decision.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, sure, why not? Not now or anytime soon, though.
And I guess 2 would be a nice number.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Of course. I mean, it's almost the meaning of life to raise a good kid, isn't it?
I am actually kind of surprised by the ammount of negative answers.

Emilie Diabolica

May 26, 2009
yeah... i want a kid or two. and for every kid i have myself i plan to adopt a girl from china.

but then i realised this morning that if i want a kid, that means ive gotta be pregnant
D:
*dies*

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
No. Definitely not.

Emilie Diabolica said:
yeah... i want a kid or two. and for every kid i have myself i plan to adopt a girl from china.

but then i realised this morning that if i want a kid, that means ive gotta be pregnant
D:
*dies*
You can always just adopt all your kids. I would recommend that, actually.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Shoggoth2588 said:
I would rather have disposable income and possessions ^__^;;
This, plus it would be nice to say i have a 4 day weekend i'm going to the beach.

While others have kids in school. i'll be driving my Porsche cayman to the beach. When others are putting their kids though college i'll be debating where I want a vacation home lol.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Yes, I would like to have 2 boys but really it depends on what the future misses will want. My limit is 3 though.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Guitar Gamer said:
sms_117b said:
now I'm not a expert on such things but: isn't 30 a little late for "setting up" a career? if you don't have a good job by then it's going to be tough getting.

I might be more of an expert by way of experience. And in my experience you tend to change jobs (and thereby career paths) every five years. So 30 is not too late at all. I know my father had me at 40.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'm not too sure, I'm absolutely petrified of childbirth.
I wanna be married and have a stable job before I have one.
But I do love thought of me and my boyfriend having a little baby ^_^ aww.
I'm determined to adopt a chinease baby anyway.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
I won`t give birth but I do want to adopt. There are plenty of children who need a good home without bringing another unfortunate soul into the world. Plus I can skip the whole getting pregnant, giving birth and baby changing phases.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
Of course. I mean, it's almost the meaning of life to raise a good kid, isn't it?
I am actually kind of surprised by the ammount of negative answers.
I know. I'm saddened by all these people

I want to rule the world with my children. As they will, of course, be superb in everything they do. Or it's the cane