Poll: Do you plan on having children?

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
captainwillies said:
curlycrouton said:
captainwillies said:
what cruel person would bring a child into "this" world.
What else would you propose? That the entire human race just stops breeding?

What a ridiculous comment.
there are over six billion people in this world lol. no matter what i say or think somewhere someone is gonna be f*cking someone else.
Then you should be more specific. Your comment suggested that having a child is "cruel". While it's true that the global population needs to be controlled somehow, as overpopulation is one of the biggest threats to our planet, having a child is still incredibly important on both an individual and global level.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
curlycrouton said:
captainwillies said:
curlycrouton said:
captainwillies said:
What else would you propose? That the entire human race just stops breeding?

What a ridiculous comment.
there are over six billion people in this world lol. no matter what i say or think somewhere someone is gonna be f*cking someone else.
Then you should be more specific. Your comment suggested that having a child is "cruel". While it's true that the global population needs to be controlled somehow, as overpopulation is one of the biggest threats to our planet, having a child is still incredibly important on both an individual and global level.
i wasn't saying that having a child is "cruel". i was saying this world isn't suitable for children. but perhaps thats just my own dark perception of this reality.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
Woodsey said:
captainwillies said:
Well your parents didn't have any trouble doing it.
hyperthetical question: lets pretend curses are real. all your childlen are doomed to have a terrible life. if this were the case would you still have kids?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Yes. Two or three. But that depends on a lot of things, such as the opinions of my spouse and my income or situation in life.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
I wouldn't mind a couple kids. Need at least a son...

If smart people don't reproduce we're abandoning humanity to the stupid.

wilted_orchid

Aug 11, 2009
I would like children provided they aren't like me. So, Adoption's probably gunna work out just fine with that one and that way I can also focus on setting up my career, too, as you have to be a dedicated member of the education system a fairly long time if you want to make anything of yourself in the surgical field.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Don't think so, but who knows, I might change my mind. But right now, they just seem like little monsters that steal away your private life.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
No, I don't plan on having any, I can't see any point, I'll just keep a few animals instead, they're a little less needy and far less irritating.
Perhaps my hormones will persuade me otherwise one day, but for now the idea of kids makes me cringe, and the thought of being pregnant is even worse...*shudder*

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
galletea said:
No, I don't plan on having any, I can't see any point, I'll just keep a few animals instead, they're a little less needy and far less irritating.
Perhaps my hormones will persuade me otherwise one day, but for now the idea of kids makes me cringe, and the thought of being pregnant is even worse...*shudder*
I am sorry but when you start comparing to human beings to being pets, you fall to a different level.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Well, someday I'd like to have my own children, but I guess that day is pretty far away at the moment (as I am still stuck in school). I don't think I'd want to have more than three, though. If I had any more than that, I believe it would be less of a wonderful, happy, once-in-a-lifetime experience and more of a big, fat pain in the arse (I've got two little brothers and five little cousins, so I know what I'm talking about).

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
It honestly depends on who I meet and how my life turns out. I can't say no or yes in a sense. Children seem to give people's lives relevance, and that's why they want them. At least, that's the way I see it.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
currently noo
if perhaps ever were to then probly never more than 1. (although twins i wouldnt mind)
for 2 reasons
1)older child gets jelous which leads to point
2)older child bullies younger child.

if it was twins one isnt older so cant pick on the other.

JimmerDunda said:
galletea said:
I am sorry but when you start comparing to human beings to being pets, you fall to a different level.
what level is that? i dont think its wrong. no no we dont do we mister fluffy.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
captainwillies said:
Woodsey said:
captainwillies said:
Well your parents didn't have any trouble doing it.
hyperthetical question: lets pretend curses are real. all your childlen are doomed to have a terrible life. if this were the case would you still have kids?
Errr... Alright. I'm assuming you're going to have some sort of come back when I say no?

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
No.

I won't make a good father.

Being a parent is about doing better than your own parents, but I can't do that; my parents were perfect. I can't follow that. I had a fantastic childhood and I know I couldn't give that to my kids.