Poll: Do you plan on having children?

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Yes. Over 9000 is my goal.

...what? I was bitten by a radioactive palmetto bug, so vast numbers of offspring and immunity to radiation (as well as a need to hide underneath the refrigerator when the lights are turned on) are part of me.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Guitar Gamer said:
sms_117b said:
I do, one or two, but not for another good 12 years or so, mid-30's sounds about right, before then I'm still sorting my life out and setting my career up.
now I'm not a expert on such things but: isn't 30 a little late for "setting up" a career? if you don't have a good job by then it's going to be tough getting.
as with the kid thing, well I'll have expectations that I guess I'll have to throw out the door
"DID YOU HEAR ME?!! NO POP MUSIC UNTIL YOU KILL GLADOS!!!"
and I'll still have to find someone consenting to actually raise a kid so......................nope can't see it happening
I'm still doing my degree, should be finished at 24 (astrophysics, I just wanted to drop the course name as it sounds awesome), then a year out, not left the education system ever, so a year with out classes, lectures and homework would be very nice. During that year I'll be traveling various places, some with observatories dropping in my CV, namely Australia and some of the US. At 35 my career should be well grounded, with a good income and by then hopefully a wife, a kid or two should be a logical step.

If at 35 I'm not set something, somewhere has gone very wrong.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
floppylobster said:
Guitar Gamer said:
sms_117b said:
I do, one or two, but not for another good 12 years or so, mid-30's sounds about right, before then I'm still sorting my life out and setting my career up.
now I'm not a expert on such things but: isn't 30 a little late for "setting up" a career? if you don't have a good job by then it's going to be tough getting.

I might be more of an expert by way of experience. And in my experience you tend to change jobs (and thereby career paths) every five years. So 30 is not too late at all. I know my father had me at 40.
the one problem with having kids when your older is that it's harder to beat them as you age,

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Good lord no, I have to say that small children are really, really annoying. They catch diseases, poop their pants and Won't. Stop. Crying.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I can't due to my sexual orientation. Techically speaking I could. But it would be much more difficult and expensive than for most people.

I don't want them anyway.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Of course. I mean, it's almost the meaning of life to raise a good kid, isn't it?
I am actually kind of surprised by the ammount of negative answers.
I know. I'm saddened by all these people

I want to rule the world with my children. As they will, of course, be superb in everything they do. Or it's the cane
Well, it's not really sad, it's just weird.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
captainwillies said:
what cruel person would bring a child into "this" world.
What else would you propose? That the entire human race just stops breeding?

What a ridiculous comment.

Carne

Jul 27, 2008
For some reason this thread makes me think of the movie Idiocracy, most of the smart people want to have kids and among those that do they probably are going to wait till it's too late.

"I like money" :p

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Eventually, I will need someone to carry on the bloodline. I would have two children, one for insurance.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
No idea, at how I see myself now I would be a really terrible father. If I ever grow up I will have at least one kid.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Yes, but I'm only 14, so I have a LOOONG time to think of it.

...Unless of course, I'm from UK...

Sanguinedragon

Aug 29, 2008
heh
Well 6 kids and counting so.... yes XD
I love kids and yes they have enriched my life.
And my older ones are getting old enough to play games so HAHA instant opponents

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Yeah, my goal in life is basicly to be a dad.
I'm not really sure why. I mean, I'd be a terrible, terrible father, and the idea of subjecting another human being to something as horrible as a romantic relationship physically repulses me.
But it's something I've wanted since I was absurdly young. I can't really help it.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
curlycrouton said:
captainwillies said:
What else would you propose? That the entire human race just stops breeding?

What a ridiculous comment.
there are over six billion people in this world lol. no matter what i say or think somewhere someone is gonna be f*cking someone else.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
captainwillies said:
We all know the outlook for the future isn't exactly chocolate and rainbows, but even with everything that can potentially go wrong I'm not so afraid of losing something that I won't try to have it.
Growing up with a brother was great, even with all the fights we've had (and I mean that in a literal sense - like, chairs flying around), so I want 2 kids. But not before at least 10 more years have passed.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Depends on where I'd be living and my job. If I end up working as some sort of accountant in a city, then I wouldn't want some little monsters running around an apartment.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I already have kids, two of them, and I do not plan on having any more.
Two wonderful boys named Storm and Varg (Varg = old norse for wolf).