Poll: Do you plan on having children?

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
Don't want any. My goal is to retire as fast as possible, and children make that impossible. Selfish I know, but I don't want to get stuck in the School, job, retire when your bones can't support your weight trend.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know. Part of me wants to, but part of me can't help but think of how irritating they can be. And then there's the whole despair over my inability to find anyone to have kids with.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
A second thread this evening that makes me feel like a complete arse for my feelings on the subject.

No I don't plan on having children. I'd fail as a father, and I think the world could do with around 5 and half Billion less people than it has already. Maybe one day I'll develop some kind of emotional attachment to the human species and my thoughts will change, but I doubt it.

Edit: You have to love the materialistic outlook of society today when a fair few people say they do not want kids because they'd rather have money and or a career. Who then is truely heartless?

Keela

Aug 16, 2008
Haha, I think it's funny how the largest portion of people voted that they don't want want any, but most of us probably will one day. I don't want kids because I'm lazy, and I fear for my potential children's sake. XD Plus, I live near Miami (one of the drug and gang capitols of America and possibly the world) and most girls here are sluts with brains just big enough to handle hormones. I like smart girls. :/

shifty89

Jul 21, 2009
I absolutely plan to, not at the moment though, current as i am in my last year of uni studying computer games programming, i would like to enjoy maybe 3 or 4 years of just having a good time with my fiancee and gettin stuck into a job hopefully at a decent studio, then after that i think i would, which takes me to 29. A healthy enough age to have children i believe. Also id like 2, a boy and a girl.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
captainwillies said:
hyperthetical question: lets pretend curses are real. all your childlen are doomed to have a terrible life. if this were the case would you still have kids?
Hypothetical answer: Of course not. What is your point, I wonder? I hope you aren't going to try to make some jump of logic, assuming every child born is cursed to misery forever.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i would like to. very much. unfortunately, i'm not fertile, so i cannot be pregnant. My wife on the other can, so even if technically it wouldnt be my child, i can maybe raise one as my own.

jp11

Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, my girlfriend and I have discussed it and we'd like 2 or 3 kids, we'd both like to get our advanced degrees first, though.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I want children for a number of reasons. First, I want to know the joy of creating and raising a child. Second, it gives me a good excuse to still play with toys. Third is a bit more complex. It has something to do with human evolution on a grand scale, being that a species will only evolve when it is reproducing. Therefore, to evolve a species, you must reproduce, so having children will, however slightly, keep the human race going just a little bit more.

Fallopian_Faust

Oct 12, 2009
Later.

Kids equate to a responsibility, I still have a lot in life I want to experience. Once that need has been filled, I'll start thinking about settling down.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
I would rather have disposable income and possessions ^__^;;
Not to mention sleep. You just don't realize how important sleeping really is.

thevileangel

Aug 24, 2009
I guess I am part of a minority for gamers. I have two children. I am raising them alone as well. My son is 6 and already a better gamer than most people I know. He is an avid reader and an improvement over me in numerous ways. I think he will actually be a good contribution to society. My daughter is 10 and plays video games sparringly, but is probably even more intelligent. So I guess I found a balance of having a life and playing games.

I just think it's odd that the stereotype seem to be true based on the statistics above. (not to insult any of you who simply know better than to waste time with relationships when video games are far more fulfilling)

Go outside and start "doing" it people... put the controller down and pick up a boob. C'mon. Of course... I do agree, the less people having kids, the better. This world needs an enima.