Poll: Do you plan on having children?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
JimmerDunda said:
I am sorry but when you start comparing to human beings to being pets, you fall to a different level.
Actually I'm comparing the need to nurture and love a child to the requirements of a pet. Many people who don't have children find that the "void" left by the parenting instinct can be filled by a pet. Obviously humans have different needs, but the basic caring instinct applies whether it's your child or your dog. I'm not comparing the creatures, just their needs.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Yes, its kinda the whole reason were here isnt it? To reproduce?

That, and I'm the only male on my dads side of the family, so if I dont have a son, the family name will die out. Call me old fashioned, but I dont want that to happen.

Aside from all that, I think it would be niceto have kids, and bring them up to be decent, respectable, respectful people, and have good times with them, and live to a ripe old age and watch them grow up and all that good stuff. :D

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
No I do never plan on having them because I know one day Max could control them

Plus I have a ridiculously long list of reasons why not to have children

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Well, I do plan to have at least one child. The big problem is that I'll probably have to wait a long time before I can actually have the time to raise a kid, and the same is true about women in my line of work. Somewhere around 35.

Racistman3d

Jul 6, 2009
I wouldn't have a child with my partner, I'd much rather adopt a child or two from a disadvantaged background, either here or overseas, so I'm not adding to the overpopulation and I'm helping give someone a much better future for themselves.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
And do you think that if everyone limited themselves to two children then the population would stay at a constant level? (I mean in China they had the one child policy). What would be the ideal population for the world? About a billion less than we have now?

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
Kids are nice up until they get around the age when they start talking back and being little shits.

Honestly, it'd probably just be safer if I didn't have any, they'd all end up secretly buried in the backyard.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Oh god, are you kidding me?

I would strangle a child the first time it woke me up crying.
And if it managed to survive, could you imagine a little me running around?
It'd probably stab me in the neck every time I turned around.
Also sex is just completely icky.

So I'm going with "No, I can't," for various reasons.
Like all of the ones listed above.
Journeythroughhell said:
I mean, it's almost the meaning of life to raise a good kid, isn't it?
No.
I always imagined you taking the Kronos Approach to Parenting, Max.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
I love children, but I don't think I would be able to be a good parent. I wouldn't want to make the same mistakes my parents made, and I wouldn't want to raise a child in a world as screwed as this one anyway. So no, I don't plan on having any kids.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Eventually, after I've found the right person and developed a stable environment to support them.

Sep 13, 2009
Maybe someday, with the right person (preferably two daughters or two sons, not the one-son-one-daughter combination), but now I plan on having a career. I don't want to be some pennyless breeder. Plus - I fucking hate kids.

EDIT:
Wadders said:
I'm the only male on my dads side of the family, so if I dont have a son, the family name will die out. Call me old fashioned, but I dont want that to happen.
Actually this is the only reason why I would have kids (well, my sister said that she would make her husbands' surname changed to ours if she had someone, but luckily for any potential studs, she is fat, ugly and feminist). Good to know that there is someone with same problem. As an emotional brick myself it would be a truly riveting experience for both sides to actually have a partner.