Poll: Do you play an instrument?

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Gaderael said:
I play the Kazoo, the Nose Flute, and the Spoons! Bow down to my musical genius!
Yes!!! I'm glad I'm not the only man here who can play the spoons. The only difference might be the fact I got to play them in Severance Hall.

I can also play any other percussive instrument, piano, a bit of flute, and can read tabs for bass and guitar.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I can play guitar, but I don't really know many chords. I just know a bunch of intros and solos (Comfortably Numb, for example) of which I can play pretty well. That's what happens when you teach yourself, I guess.

Apr 29, 2010
I used to play the piano, I play the guitar(I kinda suck at the moment) and I'm going to start on the drums sometime soon.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
I played clarinet for 4 years then I quit to spite someone. I played guitar for a year then didnt play anymore because I afford lessons. I played violin for about a year till I had to give it up because school work was becoming too much.

I regret it so much as now I dont play any instrument. Life is a real kick in the crotch most of the time

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Ashhearth said:
Gaderael said:
I play the Kazoo, the Nose Flute, and the Spoons! Bow down to my musical genius!
Yes!!! I'm glad I'm not the only man here who can play the spoons. The only difference might be the fact I got to play them in Severance Hall.

I can also play any other percussive instrument, piano, a bit of flute, and can read tabs for bass and guitar.
The spoons are quite fun, especially when you try using random parts of your body to make a sound.

I love these:

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
As a side note I noticed chicks go crazy for instruments,I was walking on the street with a friend and I could hear girls saying "Oh a guitar"

Konijn

Apr 8, 2010
I play guitar since I was 7 or 8. But I play finger-style, so basically all the cool-factor in playing guitar is lost immediately once I start playing.

HotPocket

Jan 5, 2010
I play cello.

I'm offended that you have violin but no cello, only strings.

As a string joke though (not a lot of people not in orchestra will get it, but):

How do you make sure two violas are in tune with each other?

Shoot one of them.

FourEyedPandora

May 7, 2010
I played the flute from the age of 4 to the age of 18, but I quit after high school. When you play music for that long without a break, you need to stop. Especially if you're not good enough to be a pro. I can play well, just not well enough.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I played Trombone for three years, but I didn't like it too much. I felt that it was more of a chore on my part than something fun I could do in my spare time.
I picked up guitar, and I like it much better. I guess it's because I can play music I'm actually interested in as opposed to Jingle Bells or something.