Poll: Do you still play pokemon go?

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
So it's been a month since pokemon go hit the world by storm. Even thought it wasn't officially released in most countries, it felt like everyone and their mom ( literally) was playing the game. Now however, a month later, i wonder if it is still that case.

Since the begining of it's release the game has be plagued with bugs and server issues. However despite all of the the player base grew and persevered through all the issues, because the base game was fun and simple. And mostly POKEMON. However as time goes on, i feel like i see and hear less and less about the game.

Since the 3step tracking bug, i have noticed that the player base has been dwindling at a steady pace. For good reason too, hunting and tracking pokemon was the most fun part of the game and now with that bug ( and the removal of tracking completly in the recent update) this game is a shell of it former self. And its former self wasn't that great to begin with.

Its gotten to the point where the google and apple store will refund any money you spent ( withing a certain lapse of time) because the game is no longer what it was advertised to be. While the player base is dropping off.

So my question to you my fellow escapists is:Do you still play pokemon go?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I downloaded it, caught five Pokemon sitting in the lobby of a hotel, got bored as it seemed incredibly pointless, and haven't opened it since.

Maybe if I gave it more of a chance I'd find something to like but I don't like the idea of wandering around looking through my phones camera like a unsubtle pervert/lost tourist.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
My phone was sent in for repairs awhile ago, and i don't think I would start on it. Possibly because it is gen 1 and i'm not really fond of the first gen.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Haven't played it, it's too hot outside for me at this time of year. I might give it a go when there's snow on the ground.

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
I'm giving Niantic the benefit of the doubt for now, as the pressure of working with such a wildly popular app is certainly not small. Plus, with how they are with the internet in general, I don't imagine Nintendo is being very helpful.

That said, they really need to focus on fixing the game before releasing in other regions. I'm only playing when I go out, when I used to go out just to play.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Live in the boonies, so I've only pecked at it a few times for giggles. Can't actually do anything. Been going out and catching pie filling instead of Pokemon for the most part.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Haven't played it because it won't work on my phone. I would if it did and it wasn't hot enough to cook eggs on my sidewalk.

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
I played it quite a bit with my friends when it first came out, a couple of them live next to big Pokestop areas so it was easy to keep stocked up. But after a few weeks of being too busy to hang out and there not being many stops between my house and work (I don't really go out much just on my own) I started to run low on supplies so I stopped playing mostly to conserve resources. Plus, it was very minimal and repetative but the collector in me was enough to keep going. I kinda doubt I'll pick it back up again until the update for new Pokemon happens

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I played it for about a week, before they added the whole of Europe, Canada and Japan, it was a fun game for a little while, but as my trainer level increased I noticed Pokemon becoming increasingly harder to catch, the app would hang on catching Pokemon, the 3 Step bug came along and now finally they removed tracking altogether, without any sort of meaningful communication towards their player base.

Whereas the game was fun in the initial few hours where it actually worked and Pokemon would let themselves be caught, it became a sluggish chore as it dragged on. Unless they add tracking again and do away with the blatant monetisation through making you waste Poke-balls, I'm done with the game.

bobdark

Legacy
Apr 7, 2008
I had been playing everyday, and had racked up close to 100 miles walked, but now the changes to the game have made it unplayable for me........

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
Yep. There are still a lot of people that have taken to hitting certain parks in town. The crime rate supposedly dropped in one downtown park that still has a ton of pokemon players have been roaming in force, basically chasing out all the tweekers.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm following the general trend in that I played it a whole bunch when it launched but am playing it less and less. Where I would go out specifically to go Pokemon hunting, I now just take my phone with me on walks I'd take anyway and occasionally check to see if there's anything neat nearby.
I'm definitely less inclined to play it now that they gave up on tracking altogether, as well as shutting down third-party tracking things like Pokevision, which were filling in for the mechanics that the game should have working in the first place. Even if these are measures to keep server issues under control, some official word on it would be nice. The sheer lack of communication from Niantic right from the early server issues is really starting to grind my gears.

I don't see my interest lasting until the end of August, but I'll probably give it another go if they add more Pokemon. It wasn't until I was restricted to the original 151 Pokemon again that I realised I find Gen 1 pretty dull.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Yep, still playing, though I did get in a week late, it's been fun with a my friends and I roaming about catching them and taking over gyms. Certainly not one I play alone much.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Well tonight my 3 eggs hatched and I got a Electabuzz, Meowth and Goldeen. Also caught a second Tauros.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well uhhh...

I mean those eggs aren't going to hatch themselves.

So eh, yeah, I am. It's a good incentive to walk and listen to audiobooks. But until Pokemon tracking, trainer battling and trading becomes a thing I'm not going to be playing-playing outside of the odd gym battle.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Nah, got bored with it as there isn't really a whole lot to do. Nintendo should just give in and release the core Pokemon games on mobile, I'd buy that.