Poll: Do you still play pokemon go?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I'm out of Pokeballs and I kinda need to drive to my Pokestops. I also don't leave the house often so....not in like, four days?
I'm pretty pissed how the exp and grinding work. "Waste the balls on the weedles, evolve every fourth weedle, you still can't find a CP high enough to challenge shit."
I found two 'mons I'm actually interested in, my Starter is useless, it's REALLY hot outside, and my phone dims, then sleeps so I can't take a walk without tapping the screen every fifteen seconds, otherwise the app needs to restart itself and doesn't track my steps.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I played it casually when it came out and still do now. Occasionally I pop it open and catch something. I've never gone out of my way or done anything I wouldn't have done otherwise because of pokemon Go. So I honestly am completely unaffected by whatever people are so mad about right now.

Honestly it seems like a really shallow game anyways. I don't get why or how people can be so hardcore about it.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I think it's still pretty big. I haven't started yet since I'm waiting to get a new phone, and I want the servers fixed, more stuff added like trading and battling, and more Pokemon. I will definitely miss the zeitgeist of its release, but honestly, it might be a lot more fun to start long after most people have stopped caring.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
I played it a bit
but I live in a kind of rural area, so the most pokemon I ever caught while on a walk was like 4 with an incense
so it just proved too hard to catch enough pokemon that are powerful enough to compete with all the gyms in my area which are mostly controlled by out of towners

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I play it but once I realized your screwed unless you live in a city it kind of killed any desire to play.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I was never interested in it. I prefer the original games, but they don't do much for me anymore either.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've never been interested in anything related to Pokemon.

Besides, I don't even own a smartphone.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Yeah still got it.
I play it when I go outside, if I walk to the store or work or whataver, I open up the app and keep the phone in my hand so I feel it vibrate when something plops along. I don't go out on walks just for the Pokemon though.
Were I live I haven't noticed any falling in the userbase. The same hotspots are still active 12 hours a day. I think there will be a significant drop when winter comes though.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I go on a walk about once a day with my roommate, and for about two hours we'll play. I also use it to kill time on the bus when I'm on my way to work or the grocery store. I live in a decent sized college town so there's a decent variety here and I was having fun with the game until the radar broke.

The game stopped being as fun since you essentially can't hunt Pokemon down anymore. Hell, the most random shit appears on the map while my radar doesn't show me anything like that nearby at all. It just seems random anymore. Pokevision is far from perfect and has it's own list of problems, and not everything shows up, but I basically have to have it open if I'm serious about tracking down certain Pokemon. Now a days, we just pick a place to walk and just walk. It helps that my friends play it too so we can all go out in groups together. On my own I probably wouldn't be as dedicated.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I was kinda into at first, mostly because I was on holiday in Europe and walking around a great deal (15km or so per day) which meant if anywhere I wanted to sit down, wait for a train, grab a drink I had plenty of lures around. So I levelled up quite quickly. It was also fun visiting relatives who were confused by the whole thing and wanted to go into a park and see all the kids doing the same thing.

But the game gets progressively harder, which is actually fine, if it weren't for the fact that it gets progressively buggier as the day gets on. Anytime past 10am, the games hangs in 1 in 4 catches, and the pokestops won't even load properly. So I put it down unless a more meaningful patch gets released.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I just tried it for the first time today, so yeah?
Honestly, it's really weird seeing crowds of people sitting in parks looking at their phones. Kind of makes me want to stop playing and avoid the places for fear of association.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Johnny Novgorod said:
Never even tried it.
Same. I'm too much of an pay as you peasant to pay the roaming data usage needed to get walking to the Pokemon areas!

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
I've been playing it since it came out here in Tokyo, and I see so many other people walking around playing it too. For me it's a great incentive to walk more (10,000 steps per day gets those eggs a hatching!), and I've dicovered lots of shrines, statues and other cool stuff all over the place because they're all pokestops. Tracking nearby pokemons never worked here in Japan anyway so the uproar I see about the last patch dropping a function that doesnt work seems kind of .... strange! :p

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
CeeBod said:
Tracking nearby pokemons never worked here in Japan anyway so the uproar I see about the last patch dropping a function that doesnt work seems kind of .... strange! :p
I started after they removed that feature so I know how it is.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I wanted to try it (A Guy in my office "plays" it), but it said: Not for your phone.

So i wanted to update the OS on my phone - but io just don't have the energy for it now: Getting some images, disable securities. connect with some bullshit USB-driver blablablabla. Exhausting work.

So i thought to myself: Why the hell don't i just ignore it and DON'T do anything with my phone. LAZINESS, YAY!

Also: as far as i know, there is not really a game there, yes? Just collecting pokemons and grabbing pokestops? No real fights or anything. Mindless leveling for levelings' sake? But yeah, i guess it's good to have a reason for wandering about.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I *would* be out and playing during break time, if the damn dog hadn't knocked my 5S into the pool yesterday... I didn't notice until ten minutes later, so even 24 hours of rice and dessicant seem to amount to nothing. Phone's dead as dogshit.

*sighs*

I called up a phone repair place near my location and might drop it by on the way to or back from the dentist tonight. So... No Pokeymans for me for the foreseeable future.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I started playing only a week or so ago because my wife was playing it and I thought it would be something we could do together. As such, I still bring it up often in order to hit the occasional PokeStop we go by and catch whatever is nearby. The app is buggy, but I'm not paying for it so I don't care all that much.