Poll: Do you still play pokemon go?

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
There was a lot of miscommunication before the game was released. I saw in GameStop that there were pre-orders for the Pokemon Go Plus that would be released in August 1st, so naturally, I thought that was when the game was going to be released.

I come to find out that the game gets released July 6th, with several bugs, issues, and missing features. So initially, I was reluctant to get it; after traveling quite a bit throughout the month of July and using Ingress, I realized that there was really a lot of opportunities to interact with at Poke Stops and my relatives where catching all sorts of rare Pokemon left and right.

So I just waited for the update that came before the start of August and downloaded it (which I still would have done when the Pokemon Go Plus would have been released). I like the game; yes it's bare-bones and missing a lot of features that should be essential to the overall game, but I live near a lot of Fire-type Pokemon, so I think I'll get a great deal of enjoyment for the time being.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Fieldy409 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Frappe posted his real name. Time to hunt him down for vengence on something he said in Religion and Politics 3 years ago...
Despite you were kidding, you left me quite curious ... what did I say three years ago in the R & P forums? Clearly it was something memorably enough to keep it in mind which even I would of forgotten if otherwise lol.

OT: There's a Pokemon GO Party happening at the mall's park. Everyone's advised to wear their team's logo / symbol via clothing (Team Mystic t-shirt or hat for example) .. yea I totally don't see fights breaking out or something going wrong when alcohol will be present lmao.
Caramel Frappe said:
Fieldy409 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Frappe posted his real name. Time to hunt him down for vengence on something he said in Religion and Politics 3 years ago...
Despite you were kidding, you left me quite curious ... what did I say three years ago in the R & P forums? Clearly it was something memorably enough to keep it in mind which even I would of forgotten if otherwise lol.

OT: There's a Pokemon GO Party happening at the mall's park. Everyone's advised to wear their team's logo / symbol via clothing (Team Mystic t-shirt or hat for example) .. yea I totally don't see fights breaking out or something going wrong when alcohol will be present lmao.
Nothing that I know of actually Im just being stupid sorry lol.

OT: So ahh pokemons. How shit is that glitch that stopped the footprints from working? Its hard to find rare Pokemon now...

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I open it up every now and then but the selection of Pokemon in my area is incredibly limited, if you aren't into Pidgey, Rattatas or Weedles then you are out of luck.

There is little point in opening the app when 99.9% of the time you only get those three Pokemon appearing.

Feb 7, 2016
I kind of stopped after I realized with a job, a convention I need to keep planning for, and other responsibilities I'll never be able to catch up with the amount of teenagers camping out all the gyms with their same old Flareons and Vaporeons because they don't have anything else to do.

I open it up now and again though, might get surprised at what I catch. I only just got to level 9 recently, and my highest Pokemon is a Pidgeot I named Smashmouth with a CP of 507 currently.

I might try again during the convention itself, since I'm sure being in the middle of the city of Baltimore during an anime convention there will be tons of stops and Lure's being placed everywhere.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
My wife and I both play it. We live near a downtown area, so it's a short five minute walk to a grouping of about ten pokestops and four gyms that we can make a circuit out of.
It's stupidly simple, the battle system is childlike, the tracker has gone to shit, and after level 20 the rewards kinda drop off, but it's still entertaining to go around and mingle with the decent sized crowd of similarly minded people who still come out after 5. It's gotten us active, me out of the house-which is akin to the second coming-and it's a reminder of a simpler time in my life.
So despite all the issues it's been having since release, I can still say that I enjoy it pretty thoroughly.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Somehow I'm a techie in his 20s who doesn't own a smart phone so I've never played it. Having said that I'm upgrading soon and I hear they're adding gen 2 pokemon so I will be a master soon.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I never played it in the first place. Too creepy what permissions it wanted. No Pokemon Go, you can't read my texts and see my contact list and have my banking information.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Haven't tried it so far. A part of me wonders if I'm missing out, but the people who use it tend to look pretty odd while doing it, and I'd feel self-conscious if I were to go out in public hunched over my phone like that.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Seeing your avatar while reading this thread had me wondering how successful it would be if someone actually made an AR game where you met anime characters out in the real world and tried to hook up with them. Basically Pokemon GO meets Love Plus.