Poll: Do you turn on the shower before you step into it?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yes. The water starts out as cold and then warms up over time and I don't like freezing cold showers.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Who doesn't? I mean outside of movies and TV.

If I don't let the water run for a bit, it comes out freezing.

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Broken poll is broken...

I think you have to be a bit weird to turn the water on when you're in the shower, you need to give it a moment to adjust itself. Plus if your shower is anything like mine, it's unreasonably temperamental and takes constant adjusting.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Of course. The water is fucking freezing for a minute or two, and then it takes maybe two more to get up to the right temperature. No way I'm standing in that.

crystalpyramid said:
Broken poll is broken...
Don't meant o be rude, but-

1. He pointed that out himself, in the second post.

2. Do you really think we can't all see it? It's like telling everyone the site layout has blue in it.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Yes. The water comes out freezing nowadays.

Years before it would sometimes come out super hot.

Knife

Mar 20, 2011
Nope, get in, close the doors and then turn on the water. Otherwise it splashes off the floor and gets all over the bathroom floor, which sucks. Sure sometimes the water starts really cold or really hot, but it adjusts after a few seconds.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Yeah because it starts out very very cold and then gets very very hot before settling at a reasonable temperature.

Phlakes said:
It's like telling everyone the site layout has blue in it.
What‽ It has blue in it‽

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
Wait usaly because it is freezing cold and uncomfertable when it is already cold and uncomfertable. But i usally take baths beacuse it makes it warmer and i can relax.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I have no choice.

My wife has it at lobster boiling temp and my eldest daughter has it at below bloody zero.

It's either incredibly hot and takes the flesh off my back or it's so cold my balls get frostbite before I can dive out.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
I usually turn it on, and then I take my morning piss (anywhere from fifteen seconds to four and a half hours). I don't flush! But by the time this ritual is complete, the water is at an adequate temperature for shower time.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Yes, I'm not a fan of being scalded by hot water. Isn't this just common sense to adjust the temperature before you step into a shower?