Poll: Do you turn on the shower before you step into it?

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
My landlord hasn't fixed anything plumbing-related in FIFTEEN YEARS!!! (or anything for that matter) Of course I wait for the water to heat up... It stays cold for like... 3 minutes...

Actually I turn on the bath water, wait for that to heat up, then hop in and turn on the shower... So technically both...

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Yes I will use the toilet while I wait so I don't have to go while I am in the shower.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I let the water get up to the right temperature before stepping in, then switch from the faucet to the shower once I'm in.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
Yes. The water starts out as cold and then warms up over time and I don't like freezing cold showers.
This was exactly what I was going to type.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Depends. If I am really really tired and need a wake-up, I'll step into a cold shower. I yelp and feel pretty damn awake. Also, it gets pretty hot here in the desert, so I've taken cold showers just to cool off. Usually, I do turn the water on and wait for it to heat up, but it's relatively quick with mah tankless water heater.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Well, I step into the tub, turn on the water, pull the thingy that diverts the water into my shower head - which I am holding - wait the two-three seconds it takes to get marginally warm, attach the shower head to the wall, and voila. So... yes and no?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I do it LIKE A MAN! Yeah! Turn those taps on! Then, admiring the curve of my bread-and-beer belly, I rub my cheeks as if pondering whether I should shave--but I usually don't! I run my hands through my hair!--because I should probably get a haircut soon. I make weird fake martial arts sounds! Hya! Hwah! Then, using only the secret arts known only to the enlightened, I tepidly stick my hand in, to see if it's warm enough! Once it is, I jump in!--one leg at a time, slowly, because I don't want to slip.

Sep 14, 2009
Dags90 said:
Who doesn't? I mean outside of movies and TV.

If I don't let the water run for a bit, it comes out freezing.
i've always been curious about that, they shrug it off like a boss and act like the water is perfect temperature immediately.

OT: if you don't, then you are retarded plain and simple, who the fuck wants to have nipples half an inch long and have a dick shriveled to the size of a pea (or vagina closed shut like a castle before it gets bombarded)

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Giest4life said:
AdmiralMemo said:
I have this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/a446/
It is perfect for telling me when to get into the shower.
This is one useless contraption which I'd love to own. I'm pretty sure someone in my family can shell out 50 bucks on a Christmas present for me. Although I cannot find any decent way to drop the hint.

OT: I make sure that the water is acceptably warm before I step in, however, I just jump right in the cold water after my football practice, or on a hot, stick afternoon.
Hrm... Perhaps you've got to drop the hint about being eco-friendly, since the lights are powered by the miniature hydroelectric plant in the showerhead. Turn off the bathroom lights, turn the shower on, and save the planet. :-D

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
During the rest of the year I do. Otherwise it's cold...like everyone else says. But during Summer, I leave the temp at cold and get in right away....because it is so hot, it's hard to sleep at night. And I have my showers not long before I go to bed.

Aegixx

Aug 5, 2009
Ickorus said:
Yeah because it starts out very very cold and then gets very very hot before settling at a reasonable temperature.

Phlakes said:
It's like telling everyone the site layout has blue in it.
What‽ It has blue in it‽
+1 internets for using the interrobang.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yes I do since they normally turn off as cold when I first turn it on and I hate cold.