Poll: Do you turn on the shower before you step into it?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Not only do I stand outside the shower to start up the water, I close the shower door so only my hand reaches in so it becomes like a make-shift blast-shield from the witch breast milk that seems to spurt out for the first five seconds.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Of course; it takes a minute or two for the warm water to start coming out. No way am I going to stand there getting blasted by freezing cold water for the first few minutes of the shower; that would suck.

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
I have no choice.

My wife has it at lobster boiling temp and my eldest daughter has it at below bloody zero.

It's either incredibly hot and takes the flesh off my back or it's so cold my balls get frostbite before I can dive out.
This. Don't think I can add anymore in either conversation or sheer laughs.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Blindswordmaster said:
Do you turn on the shower before you step into it?
Yes, always.

I want to make sure it is my preferred temperature before I freeze or boil my tender flesh.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
My shower is part of the bathtub so I hop in, turn the water on and back away until it warms up. I guess that means you could say I step in before turning it on.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
No way I'd even consider getting in an ice cold shower, unless it's blazing hot summer time outside. Most likely I wouldn't even do it then.

Always run the shower before getting in...

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008

I'm the one standing outside the shower waiting for the water to heat up. Cold water isn't something I want all over me in the morning.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
No, because it's beyond cold when I turn it on and it takes a goddamn minute for it to heat up!

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
I have this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/a446/
It is perfect for telling me when to get into the shower.

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
I have to since the shower's on the second floor and the water heater's in the basement. The water that comes out initially (i.e. has been sitting in the pipes for 24+ hours) is frigid and it takes almost a full minute for new hot water to come all the way up.

Now if you went to the kitchen sink on the first floor, you can turn the water on and get scalded in less than 10 seconds. My guess is that the bathroom pipes have no insulation on them what-so-ever.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Yeah I turn it on, go brush my teeth, clip my nails, make some tea...
Seriously, it takes 10 minutes with my shower.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Yes... to wait until it's the right temperature and to wash away any creepy crawlies lurking inside.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
AdmiralMemo said:
I have this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/a446/
It is perfect for telling me when to get into the shower.
This is one useless contraption which I'd love to own. I'm pretty sure someone in my family can shell out 50 bucks on a Christmas present for me. Although I cannot find any decent way to drop the hint.

OT: I make sure that the water is acceptably warm before I step in, however, I just jump right in the cold water after my football practice, or on a hot, stick afternoon.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
In my old shower the water would start out so cold it'd cause you serious physical pain, and took a while to warm up. In my new shower you either get ice or lava, I'd rather sit out for a moment and wait for a reasonable temperature :p

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Yes for the reasons that every other ************ in this thread has mentioned, though I suppose just answering yes makes the reason why pretty self explanatory.