Poll: do you use a spell check before posting?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
spellcheck is my friend. However I'll ignore it in certain instances.

(by the way, the word -spellcheck- is underlined. It says I need a space...)

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I don't use Chrome, so I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, however I always click preview and read through my comments before I post them, then if I make any corrections I read through it again until it's right. No point posting if no one can understand you.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
There's a spellcheck?! Why was i not informed of this?

I just reread my post to check for repeated words (i tend to type out small words twice) and typos

Deamonian

Feb 15, 2011
ryai458 said:
Woodsey said:
Chrome has one built in, so yeah.

Can get a bit annoying when it uses Americanisms though.
This, chrome is awesome.
Chrome for the win. Altough my spellcheck is set to Swedish (my native tounge), so it always registers me as spouting nonsence when I am writing in English... wich is all the time. Got to fix that when I have nothing better to do.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
Well define spell-checking. I voted 'yes', because normally I spell-check as I write, and if I'm in doubt, I look it up. Small typing-errors are fine, but if your whole text is full of misspellings, please do the write-read-rewrite technique. :)

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Firefox has the built in spell checker so i will check any words with red underlines

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Chrome has one built in so I always use it. Stupid American spelling >.>

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
Pah, spell check.
I need no spell check, I have my mind!
Once I learn how to properly spell a word, it tends to stick with me.
So, no spell check here.
You lucky... all the men in my family (including me, obviously) cant spell worth shit. Thankfully the google bar has spell check, so I am able to check my spelling before post in most cases (sometimes im in a rush and forget to click the spell check.)

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Don't need one. Studying English Language A-Level for two years kinda does that to ya.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
WanderingFool said:
-Snip-
You lucky... all the men in my family (including me, obviously) cant spell worth shit. Thankfully the google bar has spell check, so I am able to check my spelling before post in most cases (sometimes im in a rush and forget to click the spell check.)
The source of my spelling power obviously lies within my being female.
Well, that doesn't quite work, since I know a lot of people of both sexes who can't spell basic words properly...
I'm sure you'll get it with time and practice, Mr. Bravo.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
henritje said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, I use Firefox's built in spell check, but it tends to piss me off sometimes, esp. when it gets hung up over American spellings.
you can remove/install language pack,s
I know. I had one installed before I bought my new hard drive and was then forced to upgrade to Windows 7, but I haven't bothered to try and find that language pack again.

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
I rarely make spelling errors that I don't notice, and in an informal setting like these forums, a few spelling errors every few hundred words isn't so bad.

Now if there were any software for checking grammar, that might be something I would be interested in ...