Poll: Does Rainbow Dash Like Girls?

Kirky

Oct 30, 2008
According to certain moderately successful fan-artists on the Internet... Yes, very much so.

Augmata

Jun 21, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
That's a sentence where I'm not sure whether I should stress the fact it's not meant to be of a sexual age or the fact it isn't human.
Or the fact that someone who's a self-proclaimed fan of the series feels the need to sexualise it in the first place. It's like these Christians whose house is stuffed to the brim with Jesus merchandise. Or, in other words: It's not the point and might actually do some harm. Why bog it down with such banalities? At best it just lessens the magic of the show.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
All of her friends are girls (except Spike) but I don't think there's any sexual attraction there. Dash is too busy with extreme sports and whatnot to think much about sex. Also, characters in kids shows don't generally sex on each other. She could be one of course but I don't think it's important, kinda like Dumbledore being a homosexual. It doesn't add anything to the story.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
Abandon4093 said:
Rule 34, Y u so true?

Seriously, it's a show about underage freaking ponies. Why must people sexualise them?

That's a sentence where I'm not sure whether I should stress the fact it's not meant to be of a sexual age or the fact it isn't human. In otherwords, it's a sentence full of FUCK.

Over to you Jackie, to illustrate my point better.

its the internet, get used to it bro.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I don't think so. She's just a tomcolt who happens to have a rainbow motif. So far there's no evidence that rainbows are a symbol for homosexuality in Equestria like in our world (and even then it wasn't used as such a symbol until the 1970's).

Even if she was, what difference would it make?

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008

Good job OP, two thumbs up!

On topic: I never heard that, I should probably find out more and get back to you! Off to 4chan! AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

gabe7_20

Aug 4, 2010
Coldster said:
chowderface said:
Coldster said:
Ahem, here thee here thee! All persons believing that is a lesbian is hereby decreed WRONG by (her majesty) Lauren Faust herself:

"Rainbow Dash has rainbow-striped hair because of her name and because she is very interested in sports, specifically flying. She is a tomboy, but nowhere in the show is her sexual orientation ever referenced. As we all know, there are plenty of straight tomboys in the world, and assuming they are lesbians is extremely unfair to both straight and lesbian tomboys."

Here is my source: http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/24/my-little-non-homophobic-non-racist-non-smart-shaming-pony-a-rebuttal/

Note that she doesn't say Rainbow Dash's sexual orientation (and really, does it matter?), simply that no one should assume she is automatically a lesbian. Just because the female to male ratio in Equestria is 9:1, that doesn't mean every mare is a lesbian. So I advise this little tip to live by: Rainbow Dash is not a lesbian unless it aids the joke, story, or Shipping thread. Can we all just agree on this? Please?
This. Me, I'd peg Rarity or Fluttershy as a lesbian.

Actually, I'd only peg Rarity as a lesbian. Fluttershy I kind of read as being asexual.
To be honest I can see them all being pan-sexual because of the female to male ratio. However Rarity would seem the least likely because of her love for stallions such as Prince Blueblood. Fluttershy is almost impossible to tell because she could just be a socially awkward mare that might burst with love if she just meets the pony of her dreams. IMO of course.
Well I still question that argument because it is possible that there are many males in the community that just don't get any lines or screen time. Plus you don't know how many Royal Guards there are, and they are all male. I really wouldn't pin anybody as a lesbian. They can still all just be friends.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
zehydra said:
rainbow dash isn't a lesbian because she's too young to have a sexual orientation.
Um, how old are the My Little Pony ponies after all? I mean they use the term filly, which refers to a female horse under 4 years of age, but they all refer to themselves as fillies in the past tense, thus indicating that they are well above that age. This is also supported as the Cutie Mark Crusaders are refereed to as fillies. They use the term mare(female horse over 4, thus considered breeding age), but never in reference to themselves. There's also the fact that Big Macintosh was referred to as a colt, which is a male horse under 4, which is confusing as he's at least a few years older than Applejack. I'm guessing that they might be deliberately not confirming their age and are just confusing horse terms. I'd guess they're all mid-teens(using approximate human analogue terns), but that's just me guessing. If they're all younger, that would explain their apparent asexuality. However there is Rarity, but her sexuality and maturity is questionable due to her "Marrying prince charming" fantasy. Now Prince Blueblood is considered a stallion(male horse over 4), which originally made me think he and Rarity were close in age, but again it could just be part of her fantasy.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Rainbow Dash likes Girls is amazing. Probably my second favourite pony inspired song, just after the AlexS remix of 'Luna'.

Stay gay pony girl!

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
This is an awful topic. I think we'd be far better off asking 'Is Spike a masochist?'

All evidence points to yes.

Princess Molestia said:
Outcast107 said:
Princess Molestia said:
Outcast107 said:
Though could also be the fact I stumble upon a "Ask Molestia" tumbler...I don't know what to say about that...
Because its the best tumbler you'll ever see.
Or most oddest one I ever seen.
You have not even begun to know what odd means.
I'd be happy to find out though...

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Well "IF" the studio could get away with it, it could go either way. I like the fics where she is straight and the ones where she is gay... honestly it would be nice if she was officially a lesbian sothere could be a positive role model out there but Hasbro would never allow it

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
Oliver Walsh said:
tehpiemaker said:
I can't believe how many people actually replied to a thread that's all about the sexual preference of a cartoon character! That said, I like appledash shipping.
God, how do you people even live with yourself? What is it that is so appealing about looking at shitty fan-art depicting randomly-chosen characters from works of fiction making out with each other? Ignoring for a moment that this is a show about candy horses, this is the kind of pathetic obsession which distinguishes "fandoms" from "people who like something", whether it's My Little Pony, Homestuck, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Harry Potter, or fuck knows what else.

I'd like to know who started the business of "shipping". I'm sure it must have been a woman; men wouldn't waste their time trying to "prove" romances between characters that don't even exist, but the fact that so many of them seem to be obsessing over it now makes me especially worried. I guess MLP has awoken the "feminine" side of the guys who watch it?

I don't know, most of them seem to be confused teenagers anyway.
I think your getting too caught up on ponies, it isn't just ponies that it happens to,it happens to every show, people ship because people care about love, that is all to it. Sometimes it is for humor, sometimes it is genuine, it doesn't really matter. There is no point getting upset over this as it can be easily ignored, just look at one of the many other topics out there.

Anyway, part of me hopes Rainbow Dash is gay, just for that fact it would hilarious, both in the backlash and how awesome it would be