Poll: Dreamworks or Pixar?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Fair enough, I'll think a bit less.

As for UP, emotional punch... no, repeated emotional strikes with a Crowbar made of fire and Gordon Freeman's enemies? Still no, but not far off,
I know right? And later on in the film I was shouting in my head "This isn't even really sad! This is about acceptance of death and moving on MAN MY FACE IS GETTING KINDA WET, WHY IS MY FACE WET?"
Stupid brilliant film...

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I was pretty close to tears at the beginning of Up. Stop looking at me like that!

I honestly don't think Pixar has made a single film I haven't loved, I just don't see where they've put a foot wrong.

For every great Dreamworks film, they come out with a crummy one to rival it. Shrek was great, Kung Fu Panda was OK and Madagascar 2 was complete shit. They are just the last three I have watched, for those wondering why I picked those.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah there's no competition.

[HEADING=1] MOTHERFUCKING PIXAR [/HEADING]

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Of course Pixar. They have had a few bumps in their films now and then, but they have never flat-out fallen on their ass like Dreamworks has (Antz, Shrek the Third, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc.)

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I've seen every Pixar movie, and I have yet to rate one lower than a 4 out of 5. Cars came close, and frankly if it wasn't for the good ending and a certain rusty tow truck, I would've given it a lower score.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Um... yeah. Pixar. Dreamworks has gotten good: Kung-Fu Panda was terrific in pretty much every way, How To Train Your Dragon was great, the first Shrek was creative. On the other hand, Pixar has yet to make a bad movie. Now and then they fail by their standards, but a "bad Pixar film" is still better than most "good" films.

EDIT: But Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was one of the most creative and hilarious movies I have seen in ages. Score one for Sony. I love that freaking movie.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I miss the days of animated movies over CG animation.

The majority of the films that come out in CG I don't like.

Cars? Wtf was that shit.

I think I only really enjoyed Finding Nemo and Kung Fu Panda.

I hear How to Train your Dragon is good though. Haven't seen it yet.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Pixar and Dreamworks Animation Studios (a substudio of Dreamworks SKG, the film company founded by Steven Spielberg & friends) are a long time rivalry like Ferrari & Lamborghini. Or something more makesensical and less Italian/cutthroat, WETA and Industrial Light & Magic.

Dreamworks, like ILM tend to use already present technologies and spend large amounts of time and money to get a pretty good picture going, and their productions work.

-Most of the time.​
Pixar and WETA however, use equivalent time and money to innovate and come up with fun weird things no one ever thought of before (like point cloud lighting [http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=5615], or the incredible hair and cloth [http://www.computerarts.co.uk/in_depth/features/inside_the_incredibles] technologies from The Incredibles) thereby doing more with technically less time or effort put into their movies. Then afterwards they can sell these awesome technologies for profit [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marionette_%28software%29] on the side. [https://renderman.pixar.com/products/purchase/index.html]

Seen here: excellent animation and lighting quality that is very expensive.​

Sony is just trying to cash in on both of their successes in the same way that Vídeo Brinquedo [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADdeo_Brinquedo] is, just better.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Pixar, hands down.

Wall-E, awesome film. Up, made me cry (inside). Not to mention Toy Story being one of the earliest films I can remember, along with Jurassic park. And Jurassic Park was about frickin' dinosaurs.

co-incidentally Jurassic park was published by dreamworks...

Anarchemitis said:

Seen here: excellent animation and lighting quality that is very expensive.​
That Omelette looks tasty.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
*joins the chorus*

Pixar. Just... just Pixar.

Dreamworks simply isn't in the same league. Especially after they murdered Shrek.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Anyone who voted for anything but Pixar is blind, mad and stupid.

Pixar is one of the most awesome film companies around, with nearly no arguments (bar Wall-e for some)have never made a bad film

However Dreamworks made Shrek, every other single film they have made has been sub bar to terrible

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Pixar all the way. Monsters Inc. Up, Wall-E. Can't really top those.
All Dreamworks has are Shrek (Which get progressively worse. Thank God they ended the franchise.) And How to Train A Dragon.
Sony just needs to stop.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Anyone that votes Dreamworks doesn't know what they're talking about ;D
They do make a few good movies... good, not amazing. The regular case of hit and miss.

Pixar on the other hand has never failed to amaze me. Apart from with Cars maybe, my memories of it are vague.

Oh and this: