Poll: Dreamworks or Pixar?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
"Up" made me cry like a newborn child.

Pixar.
The last page in The Adventure Book always gets me.

Brad Shepard said:
Doug, thats all that really needs to be said, because i love Doug!
Actually it's Dug not Doug. though I agree!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I prefer Pixar, as their films are typically more memorable to me.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Squid94 said:
Dreamworks, for one reason, and one reason only.

Shrek.

Pixar would easily be my first choice if Shrek was never made.
But Shrek the Third sucked like none other and the movie series as a whole ages terribly.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Pixar. I'm not a person who actually cries at movies, no matter how emotional they are (seriously the closest I came was getting silently choked up at the end of Saving Private Ryan), but if I did that sort of thing, I would do so at some of the scenes in Pixar movies, especially WALL-E.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Small Waves said:
Squid94 said:
Dreamworks, for one reason, and one reason only.

Shrek.

Pixar would easily be my first choice if Shrek was never made.
But Shrek the Third sucked like none other and the movie series as a whole ages terribly.
I mean Shrek the Original, and only Shrek the Original.

laol1999

Apr 15, 2010
finding nemo and up are awsome movie
they were desigened for kids but any one can watch them
dreamworks has been relying on shrek which hasnt been good scince the second movie

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
I grew up watching Toy Story, and come to think of it Toy Story 2 was one of the first console games I had (Bundled with PSOne). I also liked Monsters, Inc.
Guess who I voted for?

Good though Shrek was, Dreamworks have also churned out some pretty rubbish stuff.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Voted Pixar for these:

Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Wall-E and Finding Nemo. I love all of them. They're all freaking brilliant.

However you are missing Warner Brothers Animation! THe Iron Giant. I love that film. It wins no matter what.

KitsunetheFox

Jan 3, 2010
It has to be Pixar here.
I do like Dreamworks, but so far, I've only liked:
How to Train your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Shrek and Chicken Run.

Pixar, well:
Pretty much every movie they've ever made except for Ratatouille (I just didn't like it okay).

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
This little trashbot has more soul than any animated character EVER. Its one of the three times i've been emotionally attached to a line of 1's and 0's.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Red Right Hand said:
I would say Pixar's the best of the three, but they are all really very good. I stand by my statement that most animated movies are better then 90% of real-time movies.

PS: I just realised that I have no idea if "real-time" is the correct nomenclature.
I dunno if anyone got back to you on that, but the term is 'live action' ;)

OT I've always loved Pixar - no other animation studio quite has the same vision and capacity to fulfil it as they do, imo. None of their films have fallen flat for me, and that's a pretty good track record ;)

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
Pixar, man. That's my childhood right there, and it's still damned appealing to the adult me.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Pixar baby, anything else doesn't come close for me! :D

That dreamworks smirk thing scares the crap out of me...

joprime

Jun 8, 2010
dreamworks!!!pixar has had some good movies, but i have only liked toy story 1&2, and finding nemo, i just think the rest of them sucked, they were way to boring, and they weren't funny to me, walle was definitely the worst, I HATE WALLE! but dreamworks has shrek 1&2, how to train your dragon, kung fu panda, bee movie, prince of egypt, spirit, sharktale, madagascar dreamworks also has transformers, i know that isnt animated but transformers is AWESOME!