Poll: Easy difficulty

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
I do it sometimes. if it's a game like, say, Black Ops where I don't really care about the campaign, I'll just put it on easy, breeze through, get the story, then move on to multiplayer. but if it's a game like Arkham Asylum, I'll try and beat it on normal or hard

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
I play RPG's on easy, because often times I don't even like the combat very much and just want to focus on the story (like in DA:O and ME2)

RTS and most FPS games I'll play on normal.

Some FPS I'll play on hard, like Killzone 2 because anything less was quite easy.

Fighting games I could play on the hardest setting, but I prefer playing against real people instead.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
depends on game + genre, but usually i don't play on easy
exception: starcraft (2)
i don't care much about that sort of tactical rts with all its mini-micro and stuff, but i wanted to hear the whole story asap. which was far inferior to starcraft 1 + broodwar.

and baldur's gate 2, played that only on... moderate? normal? the one after easy ^^"
same reason: need story!!

Purplefood1

Jun 5, 2010
Play it on Easy
Play it on Normal
Play it on Hard
And so on.
That's how i do it...
Some of my friends start of on Hard because they think it helps them adjust quicker but i have never got that so i do it this way.

Feb 9, 2011
I stick to normal for my first run on any game, then amp up the difficulty on my other playthrouhs if I want to try it again. The only time I really go on easy mode is when I'm goofing around or just want to try something in game that isn't storyline related.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
99% of the time I'll play on Normal first time and if the game warrants a replay I'll move up a notch or two. My only exception was Metal gear solid 2, I played it straight through on normal and then brought it right down't to very easy just so I could bypass as much of the game as possible and hit the story points fast in an effort to figure that cluster-fuck out.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
If it's a brand new game I start on normal and if I like it I may replay it on hard but most games I generally don't replay.

Easy is just not worth it for me, games are too easy on normal as is and hard usually would be just slightly more work than the pacing of the game is built around which would also compromise your experience with it.

Normal is how the game is meant to be played mainly (with a few exceptions like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta where the games are obviously made to be replayed a ton) so to pick easy mode screws the pacing and makes things feel less challenging and rewarding.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Depends what mood i'm in, if i'm tired or extraordinarily lazy i'lld rather play an easy game. Otherwise it's normal, i only bother with hard if it's an awsome game... or i was really bored.
EDIT:
This is of course taking into consideration the differnce in difficulties between different games.

SuperToaster

Feb 23, 2011
Totally depends on the game,
if it's a really hard game, like Demon's souls i'll play on easy on first try.
If its a easy game i play on normal/hard on first try.

Jack Macaque

Jan 29, 2011
For me it all depends on the game, or sometimes to get trophies or achievements you need to baby the game a bit.

Nuclear Pancake

Aug 29, 2009
I play Normal unless its a genre that i have never played before which so racing but probably not even then. What annoys me is when people play Insane/Legendary/Nightmare/Veteran because they don't want to play the campaign a second time to get the achievements. I wonder what there reaction would be if i told them that i sometimes replay the campaign for fun.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I play a lot of RPGs for the story, so i take a difficulty that allows me to concentrate on the story. That said, i used to only pick easy, and for the past few years i have changed it to Normal, because i felt games were starting to feel too easy (Kingdom Hearts). But for some games i still have to go back to easy if i want to enjoy it, or complete it (Dragon Age: Origins. Easy, Mage, DON'T go into Denerim unless everything else has been done. Otherwise you find yourself caught between a boss battle and a random encounter, both of which will kill you). But as Poll said, it depends on the genre (RTS, FPS = Easy. RPG, Action/Adventure = Normal).

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I have serious anger issues. I round-house kicked my PS2 the other day because I was killed by Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. I broke my PSP because I died too many times on Terra's final boss, Xehanort in Birth By Sleep. My motherboard was fried because I kicked my pc so many times the usb ports on the front started leaking electricity, not to mention that the paneling around the dvd drives has caved in. Fuck, I CHEWED OFF a mouse cable because I died too many times in World At War, Veteran difficulty. I broke my chair because the cops in GTA IV stopped me from getting an achievement. I kicked and broke a column in our house because I was sniped too many times in Team Fortress 2.

I could go on forever with my stories of rage-quitting, but my point is: I can't afford to play on hard, our family does not have enough money to repair the damage I cause.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Depends on the kind of game I'm playing. If I'm supposed to enjoy the story and the ride (a la Half-Life 2, Bioshock, etc), I'll sometimes go for easy so I don't get disrupted too often. If it's a game where I'm supposed to enjoy being challenged (Gears of War, Halo), I'll go for normal or higher.