Poll: Empire or Stormcloak?

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I'm on the fence right now. I can see the reason for joining the empire, seeing as only a revived empire could hold back the Thalmor (and yes, they're plotting to take over). On the other hand, the ineptitude of the empire cost them dearly in the war, and now Skyrim is suffering for it. The Stormcloaks have a valid point, but isn't it possible that the worship restrictions of the peace agreement would be nullified if the empire regains its strength. Plus they're dicks, though that describes the typical imperial as well. Dunno, I'll probably go with the empire, if only to punch a few high elves in their smug faces.

Yeah...Skyrim made me realize how horribly racist I am against the Altmer, even though I usually play as one. Fucking smug jaundiced bastards...

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
I'm not a Nord in-game, and StormCloaks, they seem racist as all fuck towards anyone else, so I joined legion.

I hate racism in all incarnations, leaveing me with only one choice. Same as with drug abuse, Dealers and druggies is fair game to me.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I, as a proud Nord, will go StormCLoack! I will do a second run through with a sneaky boself for the emprah.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Haven't gotten to those quests yet, but as a Nord I will take up arms with the Stormcloaks. Feels most fitting.

Miyam2

Nov 5, 2011
I picked the empire, because the stormcloaks seem kind of like religious terrorists. Seriously, they use stealth tactics to murder imperials because they have prevented the worship of Talos.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Elsarild said:
I'm not a Nord in-game, and StormCloaks, they seem racist as all fuck towards anyone else, so I joined legion.

I hate racism in all incarnations, leaveing me with only one choice. Same as with drug abuse, Dealers and druggies is fair game to me.
So you've avoided racism and gone for fascism instead? ~_~

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
JoesshittyOs said:
Very fun. Also, it points out that Skyrim kinda has two main questlines. The civil war is really a story within itself.

Honestly, so far it seems the civil war is the main questline. I'm assuming (hoping) the dragon bits pick up a bit more as I do a bit more with it, but so far all the dragon stuff feels like a side quest.

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
Ruwrak said:
Or a book about me!
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!

Check this out: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Oblivion_Crisis

Edit: I joined the Stormcloaks because the Imperials and their allies are all a bunch of dicks.

Brainsaw

May 8, 2008
Still on the fence on this one. Yes, Ulric is a douche and a half, but he and the Stormcloaks have a point. I especially believe in protecting one's culture and besides just listening to the High-Queen-to-be act all self righteous about why the Stormcloaks hate the Empire so damn much i.e. promising religious freedom in exchange for the Nords fighting or them only for the Empire to wuss out and start catering to the damn elves by preventing the very thing they promised. I hated such hypocrisy so much, I didn't wait for a quest, I tried to off her myself....she' immortal. Dammnit.

Plus I'm a sucker for the underdog. Also I don't like the idea of people being prevented from doing something in their own damn country by those in power such as worship.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
My Imperial Race female is still on the fence, and honestly I don't particularly like either faction currently. I have been thinking more towards the stormcloaks but I like the imperial look better :p

Tbh whiterun and the stormcloaks have each treated me well, though I guess the stormcloaks have done it more through their own kindness, whereas Jarl of whitrun might have made me a noble, but I had to take care of a bloody dragon first. Plus I like sitting in his throne... mayhaps I can make that somewhat more permanent? >:)

TheMedicated

Jul 11, 2009
Neither officially...but planning Stormcloak. Same reason: intro (and I don't have that alliance carried over from Oblivion since this is my first Elder Scrolls game). But it's easy since I went Nord this first round. Watching my roomie play... he's getting all the racist flak (he's one of the lizard men) and I like the Khajits (I like cats)...so...to balance it out, I'll either be an assassin or a thief...or both and just take it out on everyone.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Stormcloak. Being from America I hate how people charge in and take over. I'm really ashamed of it, and I know how it would feel to me and that feel sucks. Plus I hate authority and big groups of people trying to be the biggest authority so I fit in nicely.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
Ruwrak said:
I've done the Empire great services during teh Oblivion Crisis. And I did not get a penny for it! Or a book about me!

So f em. Time to unleash some "Yourgh" and "Rash fo Dahn" on em :V
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Oblivion_Crisis You did get a book at least

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
For the EMPIRE!!!(And hope that I may be its emperor some day)

Frankly I went to the Empire, I have a strong tie to them from Oblivion and my guy IS my oblivion guy, so I stayed in character.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Ammutseba said:
Ruwrak said:
Or a book about me!
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!

Check this out: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Oblivion_Crisis

Edit: I joined the Stormcloaks because the Imperials and their allies are all a bunch of dicks.
Wrong yourself. I don't see my name in there.
I am mentioned as the Hero of Kvatch, but that's far to low a title for the savior of the empire. I saved their heels and all I get is a short notation about the smallest feat I did for them.

As if Martin was the key in all of this. Oh no. Greedy selfloving Imperials.. Death to em all :V

skeliton112 said:
Ruwrak said:
I've done the Empire great services during teh Oblivion Crisis. And I did not get a penny for it! Or a book about me!

So f em. Time to unleash some "Yourgh" and "Rash fo Dahn" on em :V
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Oblivion_Crisis You did get a book at least
You got ninja'ed, and read the above :3

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
The imperials who hadn't done anything wrong yet, except almost execute you, even when you weren't on the execution list?

I've conquered skyrim with the stormcloaks, it was a lot of fun.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Neither. I got a world to save>>"
I don't like both of them. I think I'll just kill everyone while I get enough power or make them get on their knees and beg.
Hail lord Molag Bal!

Just remembered, the imperials always being a dick to me and qqing that I use magic so they'll die first.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I'm personally playing Switzerland in this situation with my character.
Yes the empire is a little overzealous and they did try to execute me (rather hard to forget that) but at the same time, the Empire is the only thing standing between complete Thalmor domination, splintering it is not going to help the cause.
Not to mention, while the Stormcloaks are treating me well now, since I am a potential asset, what is to say that that will be so once they are the dominant force in Skyrim? Since I am not part of ye olde master race (my character is a Breton) the likelihood of me holding any influence once the powerstruggle is over are slim to none.

In the end, both sides are douchebags, and for the moment at least, I would rather just let them punch it out and see how things resolve themselves.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Imperials. on my first playthrough I went with the stormcloaks, but... they're assholes!
I kinda wish they'd put more effort in making the quests for the two sides a bit more different though. Especially when you have a game that boasts about giving you so much freedom, it feels really weird when you play through the exact same missions with the exact same dialogue, save a few swapped words... Rikke and that stonefist guy also have tons of dialogue that's just copypasted and Ralof and Hadvar are the same fucking character with a skinswap.

Ulfrick

Oct 14, 2010
StormShaun said:
For the EMPIRE!!!(And hope that I may be its emperor some day)

Frankly I went to the Empire, I have a strong tie to them from Oblivion and my guy IS my oblivion guy, so I stayed in character.
So your character is over 500 years old AND is a deadric god who can actually run into HIMSELF?.. actually... on further thought seeing as the hero of kvatch becomes the deadric got of madness that makes a hell of a lot of sense.