Poll: Escapists - Where are you from?

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I come from canada. the little understated superpower of the world. wheeeeeeee, go canada.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
therandombear said:
Atheist. said:
therandombear said:
Norway...urm...Vikings n stuff... :3
Interesting. I'm from Minnesota and my State's football team's Mascot is a Viking. That's American football, not soccer.
Hehe, 32% of Minnesota populations ancestry is from Scandinavia though, so not a big surprise if there's a viking mascot :3

"The team was officially named the Minnesota Vikings on September 27, 1960; the name is partly meant to reflect Minnesota's place as a center of Scandinavian American culture"

Pulling this from Wikipedia...so you never know...xD
Yeah, there is a fair amount of Scandinavian in Minnesota. That and a lot of German. Interesting connection, though.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Atheist. said:
therandombear said:
Atheist. said:
therandombear said:
Norway...urm...Vikings n stuff... :3
Interesting. I'm from Minnesota and my State's football team's Mascot is a Viking. That's American football, not soccer.
Hehe, 32% of Minnesota populations ancestry is from Scandinavia though, so not a big surprise if there's a viking mascot :3

"The team was officially named the Minnesota Vikings on September 27, 1960; the name is partly meant to reflect Minnesota's place as a center of Scandinavian American culture"

Pulling this from Wikipedia...so you never know...xD
Yeah, there is a fair amount of Scandinavian in Minnesota. That and a lot of German. Interesting connection, though.
ya, 37.9% ancestry is german...Minnesota is filled with Scandinavians and Germans :3

Again, from Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota#Ancestry

Nightvalien

Oct 18, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
HELP!

I don't know where i am but i was given this laptop for some reason. Im in some sort of cellar and theres a clown puppet thing talking about games... HELP!

we call him yahtzee, and responding to the thread i am from brazil, it sux in here it's hot as hell.

xxmyhero64xx

May 25, 2011
bleachigo10 said:
I hail from the United States, more specifically Ohio. Umm... we have the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Not much else going for us.
Nah dude you also have rock on the range every year in Columbus. But other than that I'm quite sorry. I hail from Michigan.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
USA!! Today is Independence Day!!!! Guns 'n' fire 'n' trucks 'n' hamburgers 'n' fireworks 'n' women 'n' breasts

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Elk Grove, California, United States Of America... right out side he Capital of California where I used to live...

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
It's really Australasia but whatever. Australia's the only country that matters down this way anyway right? I'll just put 'other'.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Our universe -> Our galaxy -> Our solar system -> Earth-> North America -> U.S of A -> New York -> Ithaca-> me.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Well thats suprising, I didn't realise there were mostly Europeans on this site

EDIT: It was more at the time of posting

Sep 30, 2010
Cleariously said:
Wales.

If you haven't heard of it, it's in the UK.

If you have heard of it, sheep and rugby.
When i hear wales i can only think of this
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/8513-Critical-Miss-Y-Ddraig-Cach

oh yeah and i'm from the US...it's good here i suppose...i mean we get games before the rest of you

Sep 30, 2010
mikespoff said:
"Other" is a pretty big category. Looks like it covers Central America, New Zealand and the whole of Africa, as well as some miscellaneous smaller islands.
it also makes up less than 5% of the results as of posting this

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
United States: Born on a US Army Installation near Augsburg, Germany. Moved to the mainland in the summer of '99

Miss the installation very much...