Poll: Ever done this?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yes, but very rarely. I usually just realize that you guys love me so much, and I don't want to deprive you of my wonderfully brilliant and insightful comments.

Nov 27, 2010
Yes. Most of the time it happens when I'm writing a really long post and then I ask myself "what the fuck are you doing?!" and just walk away from the forum.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Yes, whenever I feel that my post has lost its train of thought or become irrelivent to the conversation.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Legion said:
Yes, or I decide that the backlash from said comment wouldn't be worth the hassle.
Couldn't agree more, except sometimes I edit my posts for 10 minutes trying to 'perfect' it.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
yes i do this, but i feel an urge to "Go Gonzo", so sometimes ill post just to put myself slightly closer to that goal

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Judging by lurking around this forum for the past year or so, it seems to me that many people don't do this :p There's a lot of really pointless posts, probably just done because they don't really care about what they're posting, or they like raising their post count number.

More on topic-- yes, I'd probably have double my current post count if I posted everything I typed out.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Aku_San said:
... Perfectly describes me. Perfectly. I didn't think that I was the only one that did it, but I didn't think that this many people did it too.
Yeah same here, I'm amazed at all the votes for 'yes' and all the responses that cohere with what I'm talking about.

MajorKris

Aug 10, 2009
Yup, all the time. Mostly because I fear being quoted and looking like an idiot...

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I do this all the time. I haven't posted for around a month for exactly this reason.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Many of times. I try to always leave a decent comment when I go into a thread, but sometimes, its just not possible.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Very frequently, yes. It's amazing I've got anything like my post-count.

This is, of course, a notable exception to that policy.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Yup. Very frequently I realise that what I'm going to post is just such a insignificant contribution to the discussion that it's really not worth posting.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Yes. But only once I've thought up an entire wall of text. It's good I don't actually type it all out.

And it's usually either "This doesn't add anything to the discussion." or "Why the hell would anyone want/need to know about that?".

This last one I wrote could be the latter.