Poll: Fable 2 ending was TERRIBLE (((spoiler)))

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I was annoyed because in the original Fable you had to fight your way through hordes of enemies and were given an all-powerful weapon as payment at the end. In Fable 2 you are given a fucking box! No super-battle for good and evil,no mystical mega-sword to wield during the final battle,all you get is a cutscene followed by Luciens speech!

GregorV

Aug 22, 2006
I'm really surprised by all the negativity. I think Fable II had an extraordinary ending in the literal as well as other meanings of the word, especially in the light of the fact that it is not an ending at all. I would have expected that at least on this forum the originality and actual meaning of the event would have been appreciated. Then again, with all the recurring of the same threads over and over again here, the average level of intelligence does need to be questioned.

I for one was touched by the ending, as it made you make a rather meaningful choice, and loved that more than any possible awesome boss fight.

Dopeyscope

Aug 5, 2009
Rather than view the Lucian encounter as the boss fight, view it as an interactive cut scene. Reaver's Rear Passage was your hordes of faceless minions you needed to cut your way through, and the giant shard was your 'final' boss fight.

Put it this way, from what I saw the only 'power' Lucian had was to make you sleep, obviously he can be killed by one bullet cause that's what you do. It wouldn't have made sense to have this flimsy character as your last boss, he was just a dude who pissed you off and had to die.

I loved the ending. Was full of story and very dramatic, different in a good way. Plus it's really quite satisfying pulling the trigger before he gets a word out. Having to listen to antagonists blurt out all their plans and personal emo life stories is a mood dampener. Just boom and down he goes.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Dopeyscope said:
Rather than view the Lucian encounter as the boss fight, view it as an interactive cut scene. Reaver's Rear Passage was your hordes of faceless minions you needed to cut your way through, and the giant shard was your 'final' boss fight.

Put it this way, from what I saw the only 'power' Lucian had was to make you sleep, obviously he can be killed by one bullet cause that's what you do. It wouldn't have made sense to have this flimsy character as your last boss, he was just a dude who pissed you off and had to die.

I loved the ending. Was full of story and very dramatic, different in a good way. Plus it's really quite satisfying pulling the trigger before he gets a word out. Having to listen to antagonists blurt out all their plans and personal emo life stories is a mood dampener. Just boom and down he goes.
I agree. And it's not like the fights weren't baby town frolics in that game. Having a giant boss battle would have just meant it would have taken slightly longer than a regular fight. It's not like you can permanently die any way. I did like that it was more of an interactive cut scene and radical departure from predictable video game norms.