Poll: Fake Geek Girl Meme

Sep 24, 2008
Vault101 said:
hmmmm,.....I think so but [b/]nowehere near[/b] as much for females

I mean if your a female the second your there your under "scrutiny"...even without opening your mouth

though to be fair Ive never experienced this phenomenon in real life...
If you're another race, sometimes you are questioned for the veracity of your geekness.

If you are in shape, you are often questioned over the veracity of your geekness.

If you are another race who is in shape, you're just some dude trying to troll for easy geek girls.

That has been to explained to me many times. Point Blank. And oddly enough, there's never been ONE geek girl that I've been friends with who's even really been attracted to a non-white fit guy. For whatever the reason. If there are actually non-white fit guys out there trying to score with geek women, prepare to be very disappointed in your decisions in life.

bluepilot said:
A lot of the Geek/Nerd culture has opened up to the mainstream, for example x-men, spiderman, and Ironman movies, and what was previously only available in some dark store in some strange corner in some strange dimension somewhere, has exploded over the internet and in mainstream movies.

I think that a lot of Geeks, male or female, can be divided into two types: those who at a young age sometime in the early nighties went downstairs at 6.30 every Saturday morning to watch Captain Planet, the X-men, Batman: The animated series..yeah, that line up. The other type, however discovered the whole culture through the mainstream and therefore do not have the in-depth knowledge of the beloved cartoon series. The former of the two, such as myself, well, no one every understood what I was talking about until my mid-twenties. Then I met another girl who was a nerd from her youth and pure pure awesomage ensued. Perhaps the latter types appear superficial to the former.

I do not really consider myself to be a Geek but then again I majored in the Japanese language, have an absolutely ridiculous collection of plushies (you know Totoro, in the film where where the little Totoros are having their seed planting ritual, I can recreate that, and oh, its gets worse), a collection of old batman comics that make, 'killing joke' look tame, a bookcase full of Terry Prachett and obscure manga from the 80s, and the entire Star Trek collection on DVD, including the movies (except the non-cannon stuff)

I am going to like what I like though and I don't care what that makes me., though more than anything else, my interests are probably the reason why I am single.
I love this definition. So much. I am of the first half. This will be my go to guide for defining for a while. Thank you.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Stainlesssteele4 said:
It's not an attack on women, just women that pretend to be geeks.
The people making 'Anti fake geek girl' memes kinda piss me off. They are directed at exactly the thing they make fun of. But of course, someone couldn't take a joke, or was offended for the wrong reason, and took it personally.

I know girls like this. I start talking about video games, and she pops in 'Oh, I play video games!', so, interested, I include them in the conversation, and...
deer in the headlights look.

There are girl gamers and geeks, I know a few myself. I'm just annoyed that some actual ones are taking this as a personal attack.
My main problem is that the anti-fake geek girl posters just feel condescending.

Also, Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Real winners play Tekken.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Farson89 said:
Daveman said:
I consider anyone who claims to be a geek and watches The Big Bang Theory to either be a moron or a fake geek, just because it's so incredibly insulting to any real geeks. I do this regardless of gender.
This is what bothers me about TBBT, I've tried to enjoy it a few times and I always get the feeling that it's laughing at me, not with me.

"Hey, he mentioned a comic-book character! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A NERD RIGHT GUYS?"
Hooray! Somebody who agrees with me!

zelda2fanboy said:
So I guess George Takei, Neil deGrasse Tyson, astronaut Mike Massimino, Nobel prize laureate George Smoot, Stan Lee, Steve Wozniak, LeVar Burton, Brett Spiner, and Stephen Hawking are all "morons" and "fake geeks." Either that, or they all went to Los Angeles to guest star on a sitcom they all hate for money and fame they don't need.

People like a thing you don't like, which I know is tough. I imagine it must be pretty hard to get by on a day-to-day basis, so I'll be nice.
Daystar Clarion said:
That's probably why I can't figure out these vidja games.

What with being an idiot/fake geek and all...
Hooray! People who don't!

Yeah yeah, I'm butthurt and all that but to respond to you, zelda2fanboy, it's not about people liking something I dislike. I actually find the show quite insulting and when other people find it funny it makes me sad because by enjoying it they're acknowledging all those insults. I don't like it presenting people like me as these bizarre specimens that can't talk to girls unless they're drunk or are permanently horny or live with their mum or are completely emotionally detached from the world or act permanently patronising with a smug sense of superiority even if justified (okay, maybe I do that one a bit). It's just so clichéd and packed to the brim with stereotypes it makes me almost choke on my own vomit.

Also I don't find it funny, but I don't imagine you'd care for any of my arguments about that.

Also also... Stan Lee? He'll be in fucking anything!
Edit:
GiantRaven said:
Well...shit. Guess I better go throw away all those comic books I own and love to read. I forgot I only bought them because of the frequent trips I see to the LCS on BBT. I just wanted to look cool man!

I guess I'm just a massive poser because I laugh every time I see an utterly truthful disparaging joke about the comic book fandom on the Big Bang Theory. Why hadn't I noticed this before? Thank you for opening my eyes!

Eugh.
Sorry Raven, almost forgot about you there. Don't worry, nobody need miss out on being disgusted by my opinions.

Also I'd concede there are good jokes in it, though they're too few and far between for me to stomach the rest of it. I used to be quite a fan actually... *sigh* Why couldn't I have just stayed subdued by by the assertion that it was a nerd show, I am a nerd and therefore I must love it?

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Daveman said:
Also I'd concede there are good jokes in it, though they're too few and far between for me to stomach the rest of it. I used to be quite a fan actually... *sigh* Why couldn't I have just stayed subdued by by the assertion that it was a nerd show, I am a nerd and therefore I must love it?
I always found BBT to be extremely divisive among nerds. To be honest, I like the show, and think that the jokes are usually pretty funny. However, I hate the fuckin' studio audience. I swear to god, they got the dumbest motherfuckers in town to sit in there during recordings. The jokes actually resonate a lot with me as a nerd, but the way that the audience will just laugh at anything nerdy is pretty insulting. I'd prefer it if they just did away with the studio audience. Why do sitcoms have laugh tracks, anyway?

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
I have a problem with people thinking being nerdy and geeky is attractive.

Which, if you think about doesn't really add up.

Also, wearing glasses don't make you look sexy; it doesn't.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
MegaManOfNumbers said:

*pushes up glasses* I must DISAGREE, GOOD SIR

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

What exactly did I not 'get'.

Don't worry, take your time.

I've got all day.
... I dunno, you just didn't really agree with me. That's why I quoted you. I addressed the rest to zelda, I couldn't really respond to you because all I got was "That's probably why I can't figure out these vidja games. What with being an idiot/fake geek and all". I don't remember saying you didn't get anything... in fact I never even used the word "get" so I'm not sure why I'm being quoted.

I've made my points, if you want to make some of your own go right ahead. Else I suggest you move along.
Froggy Slayer said:
Daveman said:
I always found BBT to be extremely divisive among nerds. To be honest, I like the show, and think that the jokes are usually pretty funny. However, I hate the fuckin' studio audience. I swear to god, they got the dumbest motherfuckers in town to sit in there during recordings. The jokes actually resonate a lot with me as a nerd, but the way that the audience will just laugh at anything nerdy is pretty insulting. I'd prefer it if they just did away with the studio audience. Why do sitcoms have laugh tracks, anyway?
Tell me about it... my number one argument.

Dec 14, 2009
Daveman said:
Put it this way, there were better ways of saying you don't like the show.

I don't care if you thinks it's the biggest pile of shit to ever besmirch god's green earth, just don't imply that others are posers/idiots for liking it.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:

Well, what I said isn't totally biased; I where glasses too good sir.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:

But glasses can be sexy, good sir! Have you not heard of the concept of Meganekko?

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:

But glasses can be sexy, good sir! Have you not heard of the concept of Meganekko?
Duly noted, but the sexy part is the prospect of the removal of said glasses.

Besides, I've yet to be considered more attractive (or attractive at all) for wearing glasses, or yet to call anyone in real life attractive for wearing glasses.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

I don't care if you thinks it's the biggest pile of shit to ever besmirch god's green earth, just don't imply that others are posers/idiots for liking it.
Hey, it's what I think so I said it. I'm sorry you're caught up in my wild generalisation but thems the breaks.

There are better ways to deal with somebody saying something you disagree with than telling them not to say it.

Dec 14, 2009
Daveman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

Hey, it's what I think so I said it. I'm sorry you're caught up in my wild generalisation but thems the breaks.

There are better ways to deal with somebody saying something you disagree with than telling them not to say it.
So you think calling people idiots for liking things you don't, is the best way of voicing an opinion?

Good to know ¬_¬

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Froggy Slayer said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:

Duly noted, but the sexy part is the prospect of the removal of said glasses.

Besides, I've yet to be considered more attractive (or attractive at all) for wearing glasses, or yet to call anyone in real life attractive for wearing glasses.
I'm sure that your glasses make you a sexy, sexy man, sir.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Daveman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

And that would be...? You said something stupid and you were called out on it. There are better ways with dealing with that than trying to wiggle your way out. Like, for example, you can say "I was wrong" rather than "Well I was Almost correct and stop making me sound wrong!".

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

So you think calling people idiots for liking things you don't, is the best way of voicing an opinion?

Good to know ¬_¬
When said opinion is that people who like a particular thing I dislike are idiots? Yes. It's pretty much the only way to voice that opinion.

I'm glad you understand. :D

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Daveman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Daveman said:

Good to know ¬_¬
When said opinion is that people who like a particular thing I dislike are idiots? Yes. It's pretty much the only way to voice that opinion.

I'm glad you understand. :D
I dislike generalizations and everyone who uses generalizations is an idiot