Poll: Family Guy, yay or nay?

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Sometimes I love the show, and sometimes I hate it. I really dislike the entire 4th season, and I find it irritating whenever the show gets "preachy," but all in all I watch it fairly often. I quote my favorite parts, laugh when a situation mirrors something I've seen in real life, and look forward to new episodes, so it's a "Yay!" for me. I have to admit, this new season has been really exceptional, and I think it addressed alot of the complaints people have with the show.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I used to, now I just can't look at it anymore.
The plots have become terrible, the jokes tasteless and unfunny and the characters one dimensional and unlikable.
It's at best mediocre and at worst insulting, and I can't be around it anymore.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Never seen an episode I haven't enjoyed, definitely a yay. I prefer American Dad though and the Cleveland Show can just fuck off and die.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Big fat NAY for me. At best it will offer the very rare chuckle, but it's mostly a terrible show for me. The writing and jokes are not funny, the characters have become inane and stupid (than they already were), and the terrible editing with the random senseless skits that are just jarring and serve no purpose are insufferable.

I have never liked the show, not even the earlier seasons like many have. It's just gotten worse with time and I think that episode of South Park with Cartman trying to destroy it sums up my feelings for it.

I just do not like the humor at all and as time goes on I can't see how people find it funny. I can't help but roll my eyes and sigh every time I try and watch an episode, it's structure is just annoying and while SOME jokes can be clever, I find that to be ultimately irrelevant a few minutes later when they do something to cock it all up.

I enjoy comedy and a decent sense of humor, but this.....eh.

The Eyeball Moose

Jun 16, 2011
I like it. I have fun laughing at it with my dad. Granted, I don't think it has been its best lately, but it's still fun.

THE_NAMSU

Jan 1, 2011
South Park is waaay better. They are so topical!
Family guy has its moments but the newer episodes waste so much time on stupid musicals and stuff.
PS I voted nay

NormalityImpaired

Jun 12, 2011
i used to like it a lot more than i do now. My tastes haven't changed, i still lmao at the older eps most of the time, some jokes do get old after the 100th time. The newer ones that i have seen just don't seem to have the same comedic value as the older ones.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Yay, it can be surprisingly clever from time to time and even when it isn't it is entertaining. I can only see so much at one time though.
True. I think Family Guy's quality bar can vary a lot, one episode being crappy while the next few are awesome, then a semi-crappy one, then several good ones.

Like the one where Peter has to get kidney transplant. First Family Guy episode (and last, as I don't want to be disappointed if the others aren't good) I saw in a long while and it was amazing.

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
I enjoy it, but sometimes it is too much. It is literally on all the time. And recently Seth MacFarlane's democratic ideals have been too much for me.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
I like it...when it doesn't do the stupidly overlong gags, like when Mayor West destroys the bench after he loses the bike to Peter and the gag just goes on for way too long...but other than that i enjoy it

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
The only time I've ever found the show funny was those star wars specials they did. That proved to me that if the show can stay on fucking topic for more than 5 minutes it can actually be kind of funny. The main show and it's spin-offs, however, I find to be incredibly grating. Can't watch more than a single episode without getting annoyed.

Also of note, at time of writing the poll is 50/50. Damn, who knew it was so polarizing.

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Peter and Chris are too stupid to hate, and Stewie is too much of an evil baby genius to hate.

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
I'm not the hugest fan but I enjoy watching it (And I do own all of it) but I'm much more a fan of American Dad.

Series 3-8 fell into lull with overused jokes and characters personalities changing (Lois,Brian and Stewie in particular) but the last two seasons (9 in particular) have been above par.