Poll: Favorite Foreign Language

Snoody

Nov 23, 2009
What is your favorite foreign language, personally, mine is between German and Russian, because it always sounds like you're swearing. Please comment on why.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I'm really surprised out of the big ones you dont have Spanish.

Which is why I chose Other, because mine is Spanish.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Russian, Arabic, Korean, English, Japanese, British (yes, I know it's English, I just like their accents), and a lot more of languages.

English is not my prime language.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
"Indian," even though "Indian" is not a real language.
So taking "Indian" to be Hindi, Indian. I just love it. A tie or possibly beaten by Spanish, but I like contributing to a readable graph rather than "80% other"

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
English, for me. I have to say, including a poll in this discussion probably wasn't the best move. It also wasn't implemented very well.
First of all, you neglected to include English, a major international language. Presumably you are a native speaker of it, and it may have slipped your mind that there are others who aren't
Secondly, there are thousands of languages in the world [edited - see below]. A poll is therefore unnecessarily restrictive.

If you want a language that's not my native tongue and not English, then my favourite would be Irish.

(I'm sorry for coming off a little negative, by the way.)

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
Dutch, because I can understand some of it, and it kinda sounds like some of the bands I listen to.

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
German. It's such a tough, awesome language, yet the cadence is complex and it flows better than English; it sounds like the language a big, tough grizzly bear would speak if it was intelligent and civilized.

Snoody

Nov 23, 2009
To the Forum Posters: I apologize for not having Spanish. I put Arabic in because I just wanted to see how many people would choose it. If you prefer Spanish, just choose "Other" and comment Spanish. Also, I would HIGHLY recommend learning a new language to anyone who hasn't already done so.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I chose German and Russian because I'd like to learn at least one of them. And they both sound totally bad-ass.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Do dead languages count? cause in that case it would be Latin; been trying to learn it for a while and it is awesome, even the most boring sentences sound deep and meaningful.

If not then i'd say either Chinese. Chinese because it has a nice rhythm to it (and learning the written language would be cool)