Poll: Favorite Hour-long TV Show

Monsieur E

Jul 1, 2011
Why isn't Game of Thrones in the poll? That said, Game of Thrones is my favorite hour-long TV show.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
No love for 'The Wire' in this thread?:

You tell 'em Clay. Don't think that was the best clip I could conjure up to represent the show that just felt to be the best reaction. But really, while initially simply portraying the war on drugs in the Baltimore projects, the show moves to different locales and explores new themes and aspects of society in each series such as the working class unions, bureaucracy, the education system and journalism. While I'm at it The Sopranos and Mad Men are also some of my favourite shows.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sir Shockwave said:
Torchwood hands down. Incidentally, Doctor Who isn't an hour long (most of the time) - the average classic episode (as in an individual part as opposed to the whole serial) is roughly 30 Minutes, and New Who is on average 45 Minutes. Just sayin'.
Well most "hour long" shows are 45 minutes. But if you're watching them on TV, the advert breaks flesh them out to an hour.

OT: I can't decide between Doctor Who and Supernatural!

Just_A_Glitch said:
Its a tie between Doctor Who and Supernatural.

...don't make me choose.
Ninja'd exactly! :D!!!!!!!!

kaioxs

Sep 17, 2008
Breaking bad is definitely one of the best programs on at the moment, and the new season has not failed to deliver on every episode so far. In my opinion shows like house Bones etc although good fall down because of their prescribed nature by which i mean the episodes are well episodic you pretty much know how each episode is going to begin and end. The wire is also good, and game of thrones is damn sick.

TrueBlood i think someone said it wasn't just another vampire twilight esque cash in. Well it is. But The Tits and Violence ratio is pretty damn good and it doesnt take itself seriously well atleast i hope it doesnt. But any program in which a man gets gangraped by drug dealing hillbilly were-panthers so they can have his offspring is good in my books.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Are we talking about shows that have ended as well? In that case, for me it will be Battlestar Galactica the re-imagined series hands down. Love that show.

But if not, then I guess Fringe and perhaps Eureka. Supernatural wasn't too bad though, and Burn Notice is interesting, but its been a while since I've seen it. But I still have to check out the other big shows that are supposed to be good like Game of Thrones, Dexter, and Torchwood. I've only seen maybe the first half of the first season of True Blood, so I can't really comment on the series yet (although it had grabbed me, I just wasn't really liking the Main Character too much).

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Misfits. For those of you who aren't British, it's a black comedy drama about some young offenders who get superpowers.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Blood (the second season was so far the best one, though), and recently - the now cancelled Pushing Daisies.

By the way, I don't think Doctor Who has ever been aired in my country (except for the feature film). What a cruel world we live in...

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
No one else is a fan of Chuck? I can't wait for the final season this Fall, then I'm basically done with network television, unless one of this Fall's new series are any good. Well, there's still comedies...

Other ones I really like are The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, which have both been mentioned and are based on books. I also watch Doctor Who, but I'm relatively new to it (Started last season, so I've only seen the Matt Smith episodes).

CAPTCHA:
lyrnl?

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
My favorites are Dexter, Chuck, Game of Thrones and 24. Right now it is probably Dexter, and I am excited for season 6.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
My favorite hour-long TV shows have always been any of the Stargate episodes. Thankfully, SciFi still airs them, mostly SG-1 anyway. I'm still waiting for the promised second season of Stargate Universe, I don't remember if they specified a date. Oh well. There's always Google.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i will always be a lost fanboy. i dont care if its not on tv anymore, its still on tv in my heart