Poll: Favorite Smash Bros character

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Link is my main, Samus is my alt. Cool side note: Dark Suit Samus' Zero Suit form is this sweet black number that kinda makes her look like a dominatrix, especially with the whip.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
There is one true answer to this thread. Sheik. (or Manichu, but you have to hack the game to get him)

I can take on a single level 9 computer with Sheik. She's not that great against larger groups though.
She can juggle like crazy.

Link is a noob character. Someone needed to say it.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
64: Samus and Captain Falcon.

Melee: Marth, Roy, and Captain frikin Falcon.

Brawl: Snake, Pikachu and Ike. And Captain Falcon; only because I like to lie to myself and at least try remember how good he was one installment ago...

Oh well. Snake's OP knockback, Pikachu's buffed movest (I try not to down smash spam... its so tempting though!!!), and the fact that Ike hits like a truck were really the only things that kept me playing Brawl.
Till I got sick of Brawls broken mechanics and went back to Melee of course.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I've only played Brawl, but I absolutely love playing as Ike or Pit! I love Ike's power, even though he is slow, and Pit is just damn cool! And by far the best design! (Most probably because I think wings look ace...! And am slightly obsessed with bows!)

draigan

Apr 2, 2013
Leemaster777 said:
You kids and your colors, and more than two dimensions, and your complex animations. Mr Game and Watch doesn't have time for any of that nonsense. He's gonna smack you with his hammer, hold a sign that says "9" above his head, and you're gonna go flying.

amen brother mister game and watch all the way

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Every game, every time, it's-a me, Mario!

For two reasons, mostly because I've liked Mario's design ever since I was a kid. And secondly, while he isn't the strongest fighter in the games, he also lacks obvious weaknesses, and is a good opportunist.

Alakaizer said:
Link is my main, Samus is my alt. Cool side note: Dark Suit Samus' Zero Suit form is this sweet black number that kinda makes her look like a dominatrix, especially with the whip.
Nice!

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
I loved Samus in the original, even though I know she apparently sucks. I never played Melee, but in Brawl my go-tos are Wolf and Mario. I used to play as Samus a lot but I kept losing. Still think her Smash is awesome though.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Always went with Link when I played the Gamecube game and the only attack I bothered with was the one where you jump and point your sword down.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
I find your lack of R.O.B, etc. I know he's not the most popular character, but you know what? I did pretty good as him. He's easily my best character in Brawl, though when I played that game, I usually just tried to mix up my character choice. More about experimentation and fun, and less about actually winning. (My friend who owned the game was FAR to good at the game for winning to be a real possibility anyway)

If we're talking about Melee (the only other game in the series I've played) I had a slightly larger stable of "reliable" characters. Though my favorite was probably Kirby or Donkey Kong, simply for their ability to jump off the map with another player trapped helplessly in my clutches.

I have no regrets.

Dec 14, 2009
Requia said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Fookin' ninja!

Loved Sheik since melee, although they nerfed her pretty bad in Brawl. She's quick, has great utility (Zelda form) and is just a very elegant character to watch.

I'm worried she may not show up in the Wii U Smash Bros D:
I doubt that they'll ditch Zelda as a character, unless maybe its to shove yet another link in, and she'd had Shiek form in every game so far.
Oh, I don't doubt that Zelda will be in the next game.

Sheik however...

blink

Oct 25, 2012
I'm so happy at the lack of kirby's in this thread. Kirby is one of THE most annoying characters and everyone seems to play him to much. his taunt in N64......

I've never been able to play marth so I find him to be one of the worst characters, I'm surprised people like him. None of his moves just seem...very good. Usually I find a smash attack or jump attack that I like but Marth just doesn't seem to have one for me.

Ike, fox and link are my favourites in Brawl but I really play a lot of characters

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Um. Kirby.

I never got that good at Smash Bros. (for some reason I found smashes near-impossible to perform on command...I blame the wiimote), so Kirby was handy thanks to his hammer and drop attack. Death from above! Also flying.

Link and Samus are really cool, too. Samus in the suit, though, just because I like her lookin' like a member of the Brotherhood of Kick-ass.

I just played for laughs. I sucked so bad it didn't matter if I played as crappy ones...

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Link was my fav, I never owned a nintendo but I remember always at my friends house playing as link and using that chain shot :D

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well I won't tell you what I picked, but suffice to say he is the only character that EATS OTHER CHARACTERS. 0)_(0

In the interests of full disclosure, I've only played one game of it. And I won.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009

In any game that allows it, I will play as Luigi. Or, at the very least he'll be my primary character. Ever since the beginning of my gaming days, Luigi has always been the man to play as.

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
Out of your admittedly sparse poll options, Captain Falcon. Out of the current roster, DK DONKEY KONG HE'S THE REJJIREAI[ER[YJRETJIOY YOU KNOW HIM WELL HE'S FINALLY BACK TO KICK SOME TAIL HUH

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
In the original, it was Link. But after that, Ganondorf all the way. I love the weight behind his attacks, makes you feel like you're really making an impact (and given how he works, you usually are). I love his specials to, particularly good with Warlock's Fist. Now, sane players look at that and think it's a trap. While powerful, it's very slow and predictable. But since everybody thinks that, they don't see it coming so much and when they see it a lot, they tend to do predictable things to avoid it, which usually comes back to bite them.

I'm not an expert player or anything, so I doubt it would work against too many people (the only people I play against with any regularity are either my level or slightly above it). Still, I have the most fun with Ganondorf. Love his taunts too.

Mckeown

Jan 8, 2011
i never played the 64 version, i was only 7/8 when melee came out, so for that game, my favorite was, of course, captain falcon. now that i've grown up and improved, my favorite is ike, no doubt about it. he just hits so hard with such reach that, if you can get used to his speed and just how far away you can hit people, then he's a real powerhouse of a fighter. still, when i'm in the mood to mix it up or just to nip around at a better pace, my first port of call is always young link. he may not hit with the same reach as regular link, but he's fast, small and nimble while still retaining a few decent finishing moves