Poll: Favorite Zelda Game

mar4511

Oct 17, 2011
Well, the new Zelda game is coming out in less than a month kiddies, so what is your favorite Zelda game? Majora's Mask is mine, I know people didn't like it because of the unforgiving nature of it, but I honestly think those kind of people are well...babies. The time limit in Majora's Mask was what made every decision count, and that's why it was just so much awesome. Not to mention all the masks, transformations, awesome story, and yeah lol.

So what is your favorite Zelda game Escapists?

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Link? One of the options is just "Link"?

Anyway, Twilight Princess.
I think they mean The Adventures of Link

OT: Tied between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I see no Link's Awakening. That is a very bad mistake.

But I'll be boring and say OoT, because of the scale and all the memories. And both final boos fights.

RatheMcGrath

May 24, 2010
Gotta be Majora's Mask. Best storytelling in the series. I kept wishing that Twilight Princess would have its Majora's mask, but sadly, not to be.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I guess Link is the second NES game? That's what I voted for anyway. I love Wind Waker and the N64 games. I love the original NES title too but my favorite one is Zelda 2: Link's Adventure. It's the hardest one I've ever played but beating it is just so damned satisfying.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
I'm guessing, if I'd ever played "Majora's Mask", that would be my answer, but, considering I have not, my answer will have to be "Ocarina of Time."

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
Majora's Mask. the wonderful gameplay of (and exactly the same character models as) Ocarina of Time, with a great and somewhat dark story, and new mechanics in the whole time thing. Smaller scale than OoT, I guess, but hey, the moon falling over 3 days seems somewhat more intense than GREAT EVIL over 7 years.

I always loved A Link to The Past, too.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
I was one of those late bloomers when it came to Zelda (parents didn't really buy games when I was younger), so Twilight Princess, being the first I played through, is my favorite. Granted I've gone on to play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and the original Zelda. In fact, after naming Twilight Princess as my favorite, it's really difficult to place the others.

NowAndZen

Sep 24, 2011
Eh, boss? Go ahead and burn me at the stake for saying, but I feel like there's just one Zelda game, endlessly remade.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Majora's Mask is most definitely my favorite. Wind Waker is close behind.

The clock in M.M. was the coolest part for me. The idea that each character had a schedule and a life. They didn't just stand there and wait to repeat two lines of text. It was really immersing for me.

Wind Waker was just really fun. The theme song always makes me smile.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Link's Awakening, definitely. It's the only game to let you unequip the sword and the first to let you combine your tools (bomb arrow, for example). It also pulls the Majora's Mask cards of not actually occurring in Hyrule and not actually featuring Zelda. I'm want to assume "Link" is referring to Link's Awakening, and not Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but it's just not there...

Lets see, out of the options... Toss up between A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess. I liked Ocarina and Majora's Mask, but really... Twilight Princess was better. Well, not exactly. Its practically the same, but the same gameplay with superior graphics, visuals, storytelling, etc., without explicitly copy/paste-ing makes it a better game. If only someone had yelled at the lighting person a little louder...

the spud

May 2, 2011
Ocarin of Time (bet you didn't see that one coming). It is my favorite game of all time, actually. The scale was simply unmatched at the time.