Poll: Favorite Zelda Game

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
I guess Link is the second NES game? That's what I voted for anyway. I love Wind Waker and the N64 games. I love the original NES title too but my favorite one is Zelda 2: Link's Adventure. It's the hardest one I've ever played but beating it is just so damned satisfying.
It's barely a Zelda game.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Ocorina is my favorite, and first, Zelda game. Next up would be majoras, its such a cool take on the zelda universe, and much darker than the normal stories.

Then I always liked the 'oracle of' games.

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
Damn, I feel embarrassed.

You see... I forgot about Majora's Mask. For shame.

After that was Wind Waker though.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Hard to say... too many fond memories. Link to the Past, OoT, MAjora's Mask, those are the ones I like the best. Wind Waker was fun, but ruined by the Triforce/sea chart fetch quest. God I hated that.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Mine is a toss up between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask, I guess Twilight Princess just manages to edge out Majora's since Twilight Princess has Midna, the most expressive char I've seen in a game.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
zehydra said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
It's barely a Zelda game. [referring to Adventure of Link]
That's not exactly fair, seeing as it was the second game in the series. Yeah, it was the only Zelda game with a different formula, but even still it had many of the typical Zelda elements: Get new item, go to previously unattainable area, clear out dungeon, repeat until game ends. It was much harder, and darker, then any other Zelda game, though, that's for sure.

Matt9102

Aug 14, 2011
Although I could never beat Majora's mask, it holds a special place in my heart. Its trailers were absolutely amazing, the main gimmick was a damn original one, and you could never save.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Majora's Mask is winning, this pleases me. I loved it because it was darker, the side quests were way more interesting, and the game was actually unique.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I absolutely loved Majora's mask. It keeps the best parts of the series while still managing to be extremely unique.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
zehydra said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
I guess Link is the second NES game? That's what I voted for anyway. I love Wind Waker and the N64 games. I love the original NES title too but my favorite one is Zelda 2: Link's Adventure. It's the hardest one I've ever played but beating it is just so damned satisfying.
It's a game in which you play as Link as he defeats dungeon bosses, place crystals in magical statues and, find a piece of the Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda before the forces of evil are able to kill you and revive Gannon. It's the first Zelda to have towns and magic and, the only one that uses a level-up system and random encounters. Unlike Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest though, you could see the monsters coming and chose the terrain on which you fight them.

Of course I would love to hear your interpretation of the game.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
As much as I loved Majora's Mask (and let me tell you, that was a fantastic game), I'm gonna put on my nostalgia goggles and say Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda game (one of my first games, in fact) and the experience has been unmatched. The puzzles, the boss fights, the dungeons, and a great sense of adventure in the open world has made it one of my favorite games.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Wind Waker, no question
Majora's a close second, but nothing quite compares to WW in my mind, the sailing made the whole world feel really big and open, the art style was easily the best in the franchise (or any other game on the GCN for that matter), the gameplay was nicely varied and balanced, the characters where truthfully memorable, it has one of the best soundtracks in the series, and it has some of the most well designed dungeons I've ever seen. It's not just my favorite Zelda game, it's one of my favorite games PERIOD.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
You know, I picked the one on SNES (Link to the Past) and I get the poll missing some of the possibilities, but how did Adventure of Link make the cut and the original not get its own option.

doggie135

Feb 2, 2011
Majora's Mask. Most of my favourite games tell deep and engaging stories. Twilight Princess would appear the obvious choice here, but the game tells a supposedly dark narrative through cliche, while Majora's Mask portrays bleakness in a unique and satisfying manner.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
As a non-Zelda fan... I seem to like Twilight Princess the best for some reason. However, I have never played a Zelda game from start to finish as I've never owned a Zelda game so what do I know?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
zehydra said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
It's a game in which you play as Link as he defeats dungeon bosses, place crystals in magical statues and, find a piece of the Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda before the forces of evil are able to kill you and revive Gannon. It's the first Zelda to have towns and magic and, the only one that uses a level-up system and random encounters. Unlike Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest though, you could see the monsters coming and chose the terrain on which you fight them.

Of course I would love to hear your interpretation of the game.
Basically it's a 2d game side-scrolling adventure game that happens to have its setting in Hyrule. It bears very little resemblance to the rest of the 2d Zelda games, in both terms of gameplay, and art design.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Wind Waker, the dungeons and all are great fun and the visual style just makes it so much better, though I sure can't wait for this new Zelda game, I may even pre-order it! ^_^