Poll: Favorite Zelda Game

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
I personally am split between zelda 2: links awakening, link to the past, and link's awakening.
Zelda 2 partly because it tries to approach the same story with a different gametype (I doubt you would see nintendo taking that kinda chance nowadays). It was also a very fun game for me to play. It was one of the few level-based games of the time that was not turn-based, yet gaining levels didn't automatically make you overpowered compared to yourself 10 seconds ago. It gave the player a massive challenge that had to be overcome, and rewarded him/her for doing so.
Link to the past because, to me, it was the big introduction to legend of zelda (I know OOC is sometimes considered that, but to me, this was). It was the first zelda game on a console to give the player the story in-game as you were playing. Compared to the first two, where the map and books were essential to success.
link's awakening was also the first attempt at taking link away from the norm. The setting was different, the story was interesting, and I found it very engaging for a gameboy game.
I think my favorite games tend to be those that try to break their own mold. With this, I also appreciated four-swords, although the multiplayer-game idea was a little too soon. Had it been something made for DS, what with wireless multiplayer, I think it would have done better.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
mar4511 said:
Well, the new Zelda game is coming out in less than a month kiddies, so what is your favorite Zelda game? Majora's Mask is mine, I know people didn't like it because of the unforgiving nature of it, but I honestly think those kind of people are well...babies. The time limit in Majora's Mask was what made every decision count, and that's why it was just so much awesome. Not to mention all the masks, transformations, awesome story, and yeah lol.

So what is your favorite Zelda game Escapists?
Zelda II
if not that then Majoras Mask
then in third OoT
then Oracle of seasons

EDIT: WAIT WAIT! ... ...Darksiders ;P

beniki

May 28, 2009
Windwaker.

I like Majora's Mask, but could never really get into the story. I was kind of hoping for more of a sequel to Ocarina of Time, and although Mask had some fantastic ideas, it felt like I was playing filler to the main story line.

Then Windwaker came out with it's story picking up the tale from Ocarina right in the first few stills at the beginning of the game. Combined with more fluid combat mechanics, and a sense of humour that highlighted the inherent silliness of the Zelda universe, it just felt like a better game, and frankly, a more important story.

And I liked that boat.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I like them all, except for the CD-I ones, but I love a Link to the Past most because of its gameplay, dark/light world areas and secrets.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
It goes:
-Twilight Princess
-Ocarina of Time
-Link's Awakening
-The Wind Waker
-Majora's Mask

Majora's Mask is a great game. I just feel it's a poor Zelda game. Why? Its focus is much more on the side quests, and it has some of the worst temples and bosses in the series.

Trivea

Jan 27, 2011
I'm gonna go with Twilight Princess. I liked OoT and MM pretty much evenly, because they both had awesome stories and awesome gameplay for the day, but Twilight Princess was pretty much, visually, what OoT should have been and wasn't. It's also the game that I've replayed the most, too, because it has my favorite dungeons in it. (If it wasn't for the fact that I REALLY REALLY LOVE THE DUNGEONS in that game, I'd have to rank MM and OoT over it because oh my GOD do I hate the "Cut the Rope Twilight" questythings.)

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Y U NO 4 SWORDS?!
I like them all equally, but I can and have been playing OoT till the end of time.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX.

Easily the best Zelda I've enjoyed, Windwaker a close second.