Poll: Favourite feature on the Escapist except ZP?

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I'm a big fan of almost anything Moviebob, but Feed Dump consistently makes me giggle more than anything else on this website.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
I orginally thought about putting down Unskippables. That is the other series that I have stuck with and watched continuously since joining. It is one of the things that originally kept me coming back, and one of the main reasons why I actually made an account.
However, I have to say Movie Bob's "The Big Picture" is my favorite Escapist feature. While Unskippable is funny, as is Zero Punctuation's reviews, my favorite thing to see is new additions of "The Big Picture." What I like about it is that it takes time to break down history of items, or events. In each episode, I get to learn something. Sometimes it will be something I am familiar with, but do not know much about. Other times, I will go on and watch an entire episode on something completely new, and I might even take it a step further and look up more on the topic. Really, it exposes me to things I might have otherwise never heard of. Not only does it do that, but Movie Bob does it in an interesting and sometimes funny way.
I think it is comparable to "Extra Credits," in that it takes the time to break down a serious issue, and really go over major facts and details of something without going into too much detail. In fact, when at the poll those where the two that I was debating between. In the end I had to go with "The Big Picture" because he tends to go into topics like comics and tv culture, while the team at "Extra Credits" focuses more on games. I am just really interested in comics, tv, and history, but when it comes to "Extra Credits," I know they really know what they are talking about. They clearly have ideas and philosophy on games that I would never have thought of, which is why they are the definitive second. In the end, I really like both of these because they really make you think. They make you take something you know and give you a new perspective to think about, or they give you a new subject altogether. Either way, these are awsome shows, and I really like coming back and hearing something new each week.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I originally joined the site because of ZP. However, as time goes on, though I still watch ZP weekly, I would have to pick Extra Credits ahead of even Yahtzee.

ZP is funny and entertaining, but Extra Credits is genuinely insightful, and I think also years ahead of their time. These days, I look forward to Thursdays with more anticipation then Wednesday.

VashtaNerada

Jul 23, 2008
How dare you leave miracle of sound out of that poll list...Hes the best thing the site has to offer now.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Shame on you for leaving Miracle of Sound out....

For me it's a tie between that and the Jimquisition.

HotKakes

Aug 2, 2008
It doesn't feel right just saying my favorite so I'll list mine in order of most enjoyable.

1. Extra Credits
2. The Big Picture
3. Critical Miss
4. The Jimquisition
5. Escape to the movies

I don't list Loading Ready Run and Unskippable because I don't watch them.

The Elcor Batman

Jun 9, 2011
Extra Credits takes it and runs away with it.

They just have a great talent for taking any subject and talking about it in such a way to really make me get behind the genre im so invested in. Major props.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
My favorite feature, even over Zero Punctuation, is Extra Credits. That show is really well made, really insightful, and the best video game theory source on the internet.

droid

Apr 15, 2009
I'm kinda disappointed that ZP is on the list, since that means I missed out on the chance to reject ZP.

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
Miracle of Sound, without a doubt. Hell, I'm listening to his latest song as I'm typing this. It's especially fun listening to Commander Shepard as I'm playing Mass Effect.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Extra Credits, but it's running just a hair over Feed Dump. (Can't I love them both? One makes me think, the other makes me laugh.)

TwilightVulpine

Nov 5, 2010
Extra Credits, even if Zero Punctuation was included. Yahtzee is great, but the EC folks provide interesting information about aspects of the gaming world which aren't easily visible for most players.