Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
He's a minor. She's not. She got him drunk and had sex with him. Whether she's hot or not, that's still sexual assault, and statutory rape. There's a reason I don't touch under the age of consent.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Maybe a year of community sentence or a few months in jail to serve the statutory rape sentence. She doesn't sound like she has a problem controlling her sexual urges, so rehab isn't necessary in my opinion.

Depending on the State she is in she could get off on a misdemeanor, but there's also the other charges of alcohol possession and risk of injury to worry about.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Glass Joe the Champ said:
The main reason I don't take this seriously though, and I really don't want to admit it; is that she's an attractive young female as opposed to the stereotypical sex offender. All hate for double standards aside, would you really send this woman to jail for getting a teen drunk and having sex with him?

I honestly don't know whether to have contempt for this girl, or to make a stupid joke about the kid being a hero. What do you guys think?
I don't mean to be a goon and a bunch of people will yell at me and come up with fantastic hyperbole rich scenarios they'll throw at me but seriously? She's hot. Way to go kid. Double standard, all the way. Apparently the kid and his sitter had been having a "relationship" for 6 months. What? Did she get him drunk every time? I guess somebody became suspicious when he actually got excited at the idea of having a sitter.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Dereliction of duty.
Dereliction of duty is a specific offense under United States Code Title 10,892. Article 92 and applies to all branches of the US military.
What? She's a soldier now? Look at that, that ain't forced. They were carrying on for six months. She should really only be looking at two charges: Providing alcohol to a minor and statutory rape. The second one will make her a sex offender and essentially ruin her life. You're so vindictive you want to drum her up for charges that don't even apply? Of course what boggles my mind is why is a girl like this running around with a 14 year old kid for anyhow?

Oh yeah apparently according to the local police the kids said it was consensual so we can throw out the "Forced sexual congress with a drugged minor." charge as well.
http://clinton.patch.com/articles/a-babysitting-job-gone-awry#photo-7001346

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Adam Grove said:
I think rehab/tons of comunty servic should be sufficent, besides she already has to deal with the embaressment of having this article online for the whole world to read
Saulkar said:
While I have no problem with underage sexual encounters between individuals (as long as it is wholly consensual with absolutely no coercion), there has to be a certain age limit to which this should be allowed, eg. A 20 year old woman/guy with a 14 year old girl/boy or vice verse compared to a 40 year old Guy/Girl with a 14 year old Guy/Girl. Personally I do not feel that any harm would come with an age gap of 6 years (progressively narrowing the gap the younger the people get) but I draw a hard line made of bricks and mortar when it comes to someone drugging a person to cognitively compromise them making it easier to coerce them, or to coerce them in general.

So in the end I feel that unless she did the boy any physical harm or caused extensive cognitive trauma, she should receive a (high) fine and community service.
[outdated pop culture reference]
Now drop down flip it and reverse it,[/outdated pop culture reference] you got a 20 year old bloke getting a 14 year old girl drunk and raping her.

If you feel that your response is still valid I don't really know what else to say.

In your mind imagine this dude:

with this girl:

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Ghengis John said:
Apparently the kid and his sitter had been having a "relationship" for 6 months.
Oh, where did you hear that? I was trying to find something about whether or not this was consensual.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
StBishop said:
You can't just allow people to abuse children because you think the child wanted it. It's not a case by case basis of how hot they are.
I actually knew a guy who was really attractive and slept with girls in the 14-16 range. He was in his early 20's, and he had no trouble picking up girls. I wonder if as many people would be jumping in with the "But he's hot" bit. If Robert Pattinson was found to have screwed a 14 year old Twi-hard, we'd still lock his ass up. Though it seems a substantial amount of people here would be against it.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Giving alcohol to a minor then having sex with him. Yeah send her to jail, she's fucking 20 and should have known better.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Ghengis John said:
Apparently the kid and his sitter had been having a "relationship" for 6 months.
Oh, where did you hear that? I was trying to find something about whether or not this was consensual.
Other websites. When they started she was 19.

http://clinton.patch.com/articles/a-babysitting-job-gone-awry#photo-7001346

Here.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Yeah she should go to jail but the boy should stay in touch. That girl is sexy. Yeah I know I know before the righteous Escapist tell me how bad I am that what if it was a male and blah blah blah. Spare me she is hot. I would of done it without beer.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Wait, wait, wait. Don't teenage boys of the age of 14 usually LIKE hot girls and wanting to go bounce in the bedrooms?

It questions me.

Anyway, this is just me, but I guess she will get out of the charge and just get sent to rehab. That's it. But drugging the kid to take advantage of him, that's TOO much.

I say jail.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
Maybe jail or something, but I don't think sex between a consenting adult and a consenting teen should be a crime. If she got him drunk to screw him, then jail. Otherwise, who cares?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Yes, jail for her. That's fucked up.

On the other hand, what I would have given to be in that kid's place at 14...

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
I don't see the problem I mean is this going to harm him odds are unless his family are religious zealots and tell him is going to hell for having sex out of marriage(which may well because the only people I have known who were that protective of their kids were zealots)but I would bet in 6 years he will either be just a tad embarrassed about it or he brag about his whole life, so far not seeing the crime here, and it isn't like she raped him something tells me if she had just asked before getting him drunk he would have said yes.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
If I had been faced with that at the age of fourteen, she wouldn't have even got the chance to finish saying "Take your pants off" before I'd have been naked and ready to go.

Hell, it'd be the same at the age I am right now.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Whhhyyy....when you look like that, would you go for someone who isn't even fully developed yet?

wangtron5000

Aug 3, 2011
He looks really young to me. And as much as i want to justify it because she seems hot and he's a guy and most 14 year olds would like nothing better than for this to happen to them, geez he looks way young. She's a child molester.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Do you want my serious answer, or my real answer?

Scratch that, I just can't bring myself to put on a serious face for this. That kid is awesome.

Oh, I know the response I should give, how outraged I should be, what if the situation was reversed, etc. But I just don't feel it, and I'm not gonna pretend that I do.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Ahh... Reminds me of my early teens!
What blissful years those were!

...No therapy can scrub away the shame. *Starts laughing and crying in rapid alternation*