Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Indeterminacy said:
It's not a question of whether the law itself was right in this instance. The point is, she knew the law and how it applied in this position of professional trust (she was a babysitter, after all), and conspired to break it anyway.

I call shenanigans. There is something wrong in the way she conducted herself having established a professional contract (albeit informally) with the parent. When that trust is violated, law will not look kindly upon contempt of it when the matter requires officiation.
There are even specific laws set up in CT (and many other places) to prevent people in positions of authority, like babysitters, from sleeping with minors under their care. She quite clearly committed a felony.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Something though that has me curious. People keep saying: "send her to jail". But what will that do? Prisons are a punishment not a reform center. Basically you are sweeping the problem under the rug rather than dealing with it. You will permanently destroy someone's life before it had a chance to begin. If no one was harmed how can you justify putting someone away for 20 years? You will then have a 40 year old person with a permanent shadow hanging over their head and no desire to contribute to society. What is to say that it will not make that person even worse? An even bigger problem! If she did indeed have sex with the boy without his proper consent then I believe that there should be a punishment like a fine (but not a life crippling one), community service, and rehab but sending her to prison fixes nothing.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Indeterminacy said:
It's not a question of whether the law itself was right in this instance. The point is, she knew the law and how it applied in this position of professional trust (she was a babysitter, after all), and conspired to break it anyway.

I call shenanigans. There is something wrong in the way she conducted herself having established a professional contract (albeit informally) with the parent. When that trust is violated, law will not look kindly upon contempt of it when the matter requires officiation.
Yeah, and Rosa Parks should have given up her seat to the white woman on the buss.
It was the law after all, and she had to have known about it.

The law is blind, and issues of law are hardly black and white.

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
Jail time. Really, like a few posters have already said, if it was a twentysomething man with a 14 year-old girl, people would be out for his **** on a platter. It's against the law, the end. No argument here, in my opinion.

Indeterminacy

Feb 13, 2011
fenrizz said:
Yeah, and Rosa Parks should have given up her seat to the white woman on the buss.
It was the law after all, and she had to have known about it.
Rosa Parks was not a bus driver. Her act of disobediance was acceptable and justified as contrary to the position I propose because she was a member of the general public (and there are broad disagreements with implicit social contract theories).

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
a few things she did wrong.

alchol to minor
not sure on age of consent but guessing sex with a minor
statutory rape

so even if she didnt get him drunk and he was over the age of consent my understanding is that it woud be stutory rape cause she is in a position of power. like how its stutory rape if a doctor sex with a patient etc

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
I'm just going to throw this out there.

How many blokes here got laid in their early teens?
I lost my virginity at 24 :3

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
he's 14 and get's a hot babysitter? seems a tad stupid of the mom to hire someone pretty if she didn't want her son to go for it.. Also who gets their kids babysitters when they're 14? insane.
do not have a problem with this since both where consenting, the mob is probably mad because her son is replacing her so early. (seems like the overprotecting type, i mean.. babysitter at the age of 14.. pffth..)

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Saulkar said:
Something though that has me curious. People keep saying: "send her to jail". But what will that do?
It will keep her from abusing other pubescent boys. And the minimum sentence for her sexual assault charge is five years. The fact that the U.S. prison system is shitty doesn't mean people who are guilty of felons should be given a slap on the wrist.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
I know I probably wouldn't have turned down that kind of offer at my age, but let's be real. What's the best thing that could happen to him after having a sexual encounter with someone six years older then him? It could mess up his love life (That's got to set some pretty high expectations for a fourteen year old girlfriend) and he could be effected psychologically depending on his background. Hell, he could even get and STD. She shouldn't get away with it because she's hot, she's an adult who had her way with a kid. You could find the hottest male celebrity in Hollywood right now, and I bet you still wouldn't want him in your 14 relatives pantS. Why should a boy be any different?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Saulkar said:
maybe she deserves to be punished not reformed. yeah ok she made a mistake but so did every other pedo, rapist, murderer out there. how does community service reform someone?

the point of prison is to remove people from society if they cant follow the rules of society.

you mentioned no one got hurt so why punish someone. so its ok for me to rob a bank of millions and if i get cuaght just give back the money as long as i didnt hurt anyone?

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
A simple one step checklist:

Did she break the law? Yes/No

If yes then she gets whatever punishment is available under the law.

What's so complicated about that? Is it because she is teh hot and not a 40 year old man with bad breath and a beer gut?

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
Sexual Assualt....

THAT IS NOT SEXUAL ASSAULT!! THAT IS CONSIDERED RAPE BY MOST PEOPLE.

Seriously, when asked most people will say if you have sex with a drunk chick (ie: Take "advantage" of here) then it should be considered rape. Especially if it's purposefully.

But after reading the edit it seems both were consenting and in a possibly healthy relationship. I have no problem with what they are doing but that is really stupid to have such a blantant example of a double standard.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Other: the girl should be put under some sort of parole. And the boy should be asked some questions and light psychiatric evaluation; just to make sure his babysitter didn't blow his brains out of his ears.

Honestly, I think that making him drink was a more immediately punishable offense than creepily getting into a relationship and sexing him.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
MrDeckard said:
My first thoughts:

[image/]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IWK4_fb9HTo/TdJ7mQnwBUI/AAAAAAAAAIs/0RjGXoKPVig/s1600/southpark_nice.png[/IMG]

Seriously, where were all the hot, horny babysitters when [i/]I[/i] was 14???
Ditto, I was always stuck with the fat uggos. :(

J-dog42 said:
What's so complicated about that? Is it because she is teh hot and not a 40 year old man with bad breath and a beer gut?
Well, yes. Every case should be judged on its own circumstances, it shouldn't be such a blanket resolution. If she had been a 40 year old man then presumably the 14 year old boy would not have been consenting and therefor a lot more severe than a smokin' 20 year old hottie who the boy most definetly would have been consenting for.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Dags90 said:
Saulkar said:
Something though that has me curious. People keep saying: "send her to jail". But what will that do?
It will keep her from abusing other pubescent boys. And the minimum sentence for her sexual assault charge is five years. The fact that the U.S. prison system is shitty doesn't mean people who are guilty of felons should be given a slap on the wrist.
You did not answer my question at all, WHAT WILL THAT DO?!!!!! Putting her in jail is a short term solution what happens when she gets out? Is she better, is she worse, was the problem solved? Is the world a safer place in the end?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
he is under age thus making her a pedophile just throw her ass into prison no ifs and buts.

Feb 14, 2008
OP, as a recovering Nymphomaniac I take offence yo your "sex rehab is a load of bollocks."

Just saying.

Also, people! Sick people need treatement, not punishment! What kind of human being do you think you are?

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Go to Jail easily

she had sex with a minor and intoxicated him

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I think community service etc as punishment.
She isn't a proper 'peado' the age gap isn't big enough for that, as 14 year olds can look older. However, this still seems wrong because not only do I think 14 year olds and 20 year olds shouldn't be having sex with each other but the mother paid the babysitter to take care of her teenage (take care, har har) and, well, she sort of violated the womans trust and abused her position.
If there was alcohol it would be even worse, but apparently there wasn't, so...