Poll: final fantasy 7

deamondragon

Mar 2, 2009
10000Ninjas said:
As Much as i wish it was real its fake.
Agreed. I wouldn't put it past square-enix though. Just think of all the money they would rake in by re-making it. People would buy a PS3 (assuming it would be platform exclusive which it probably would be) just to play this one game.

S-Unleashed

May 14, 2009
I wouldn't mind playing a remake becauser I never played 7. Too young at the time. A remake would be great.

flare09

Aug 6, 2008
Am I the only person that doesn't know the difference between any of the thousand Final Fantasy games? I really don't like them and don't play them so that's probably why I don't know any of them other than number 10.

temporalcrux

Nov 9, 2009
Screw it all. I want a remake of Bahamut Lagoon, into a 3d Real Time RPG.... Basically, take Roar and "fix it"

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
It's fake, but knowing VII's popularity and the shed load of cash they'd make off it, I wouldn't put it past Square. If they do remake FFVII, they will not simply update the graphics. They will dumb it down, emo-fy the story and characters, probably re-write the script and reference the shit out of the whole compilation.

Short and sweet, we'll get a watered down husk made to sell to the slackjaws of todays current market. And yes, it'll be PS3 exclusive and 360 fanboys will whine and moan just like with MGS4.

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
I wouldn't mind a remake, but it would need more just a graphics update for me to justify buying it.

Translate it better, for sure. Fix the well-known exploitable glitches. Re-work some of the optional puzzles to make them more guide-proof. (Make the Shinra safe combination randomly generated, for instance.)

Maybe put in some unlockables like the Advent Children costumes. A couple of new side-quests and minigames. Have it voice-acted, perhaps. Just a few ideas.

shinigamisparda

Nov 21, 2009
lordlee said:
I don't know if it's going on right now, but it'll definitely happen. I wonder if they'll tone the game down. Bringing the original FF7 to hi-res without changing anything would easily earn an M rating.

I'd also like a DS FF5 and FF6. More bosses and Gilgamesh scenes for 5. Remove World of Ruin from 6.
GILGAMESH FTFUCKINGW!

Oh, also, no I don't think they'll make a remake of VII.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
It's been said that it `may` happen, if the whole team are willing to come back. I quote "That's the only way we want to do it".

What concerns me is that they've announced an FF MMO behind XIII now. To me, that implies the team is engaged again; that the consultation has been and gone and come to nothing. Which is a shame, because the series has only see-sawed since its VII pinnacle.

If it does happen, I hope they keep that "Original Sephiroth Gacht LOL" shit out. That was absolute garbage.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
The supposed remake is totally fake. The PS3 intro was just a tech test for the PS3. Not to mention, they already released FF7 as a PS1 classic on PSN. No real reason to remake it.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
GoldenCondor said:
Ganthrinor said:
This rumor has been around ever since the rumor of the Playstaion 2 for fuck's sake.

DROP IT FANBOYS. Or get me documentation.
Yeah, I've heard rumors of the PS2 also. I thought I was just buying a big black box.

Normally, I'd have a sarcastic remark for you. Instead, I present you with this image.

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, MR. WALKEN!

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Copypasta:
"Aside from Crisis Core, Famitsu editors asked about new developments in the Compilation series, before stating the obvious---fans want a FFVII remake. Imaizumi said that the remake of FFVII is a question of timing, mentioning that Kitase, Nomura and Tabata are all busy with the Final Fantasy XIII series."

WinterSoldier

Feb 4, 2009
I'd like to see a VIII remake just to see all the VII fans get pissed off if nothing else.

And I didn't mind Tidus.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
feebstalicious93 said:
there is a rumour about a remake of the game, i don't know what to think. what do you think
Uhh, I'm sure this has been pointed out, but Tidus was in FFX, so why is he invovled in a poll about FFVII.

O.T:Unless the info is given out by Squre-Enix, don't trust info involving FFVII. It ends badly.

Rubymuto

Jan 12, 2010
last thing i heard was that FFXIII was going to be the last Final Fantasy title made by Square.

Squaresoft Square Enix whatever they want to call themselves nowadays

I'm not sure if remakes count though.