Poll: Final Fantasy X remake - do YOU hate it?

Dec 14, 2009
Well it's not like Squeenix is making anything decent lately, so they might as well remake games that aren't shit.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Dont hate it but not exactly interested in it either FFX still holds up well even today I only played it again last year and it was fine im not going to shell out for it again when I have played it to death already although truth be told I havent seen the upgrade so if it is substantial I might be tempted if its like their prievious FF upgrades I wont bother.

I have got enough new games to play (including FFXIII-2) to worry about many older game remakes even if it is my joint 3rd favourite FF along with IV.

there is not many remakes I would get excited about if I own and can still play the original game the only FFs I would be interested in if they did a proper full blown remake on would be VII and VI (my two favourite) but thats not going to happen.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I don't hate it, but I already own it and don't want to rebuy it when my PS2 works just fine. I don't care about having the best graphics, I'm fine with older looking games. And FFX is a great looking game for it's age.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Zekksta said:
I'm kind of over remakes and reskins.

Bring on the new games I say.

I liked FFX by the way.
Yeah, but given their last excretion and its upcoming sequel, that's a risky request... (no offense if you're one of the people who liked that one)

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I'd be looking forward to it a lot more if it were to actually be released on something that I own. As much as I love FFX, this still won't sell me a PS3.

Diminished Capacity

Dec 15, 2010
I don't hate it, but I have no plans to purchase it. I played it enough when it was new, and fortunately I'm not obsessive enough to want to do it again.

Side note: I do hate blitzball.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
AcidKnight said:
(assuming i throw away nostalgia - FF2/4 was my first one, and shall always be first to me :D)
:p Then it sounds like FF 2/4 was your favorite, not 10. What, all of a sudden previous FF titles no longer exist just because all FF's are now 3D with voice acting that makes your ears bleed and characters that are about as easy to relate to as a cactus?

If Square is to remake anything, it should remake games from the years when they actually had to concern themselves with a good story that doesn't involve confusing time travel. That is, games like FF 2/4 and FF 3/6 were good not because of shiny 3D graphics, dazzling environments, and lame voice acting: they were good because they actually had good stories and it was due to such great stories that the old games are, at least in my mind, infinitely superior to the past couple generations of FF games.

But this was all said in the other topic about "what are you looking for in the next FF". Personally the FF series is dead to me. It had a fantastic run through my childhood, but these latest games just make me sick to my ass. Granted, I haven't played an FF game since X-2, but come one: for someone like me who was already losing faith in the series, surely you can't blame me for considering X-2 to be the final death blow for me.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I HATE this game. Seriously, Tidus is an intolerable asshole >.> If the story had been from Yuna's perspective, I could probably fall in love with this game.

I mean, she is really the interesting character for me. A girl, who spent her entire life locked up in a temple and the only time she gets to see the world or live her life is during the journey to willingly sacrifice herself.

Instead I get a whinny Daddy's boy, that spends the entire game TELLING me it's his story and that you know he is an amazing underwater soccer player that gets sent to the future (I know the specifics of that but...I don't want to spoil). I HATE Tidus.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Tiger Sora said:
I'd love to see FF IX (9) updated with just new graphics. Touch anything else and everyone working at Square loses a finger.
Pretty much this, but I'd make an exception for the rest of Fabula Nova Crystallis, because Versus XIII and Agito XIII Type-0 look pretty boss and need to be released and/or localized.

That being said, I'm an FF collector. I'll have to buy 6 new games if this is released. (PS3 and Vita, all 3 regions)

So yeah, I kind of hate it.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
Loved FFX, I sill remember renting it when I first got my PS2 and finishing it WITHOUT A MEMORY CARD (needless to say there were gamepad crushing moments when I died about half-way through or when fighting gorramn Seymour -_-).

But it doesn't need a remake, what Square Enix needs to do is make Final Fantasy game where I can't win the game by only doing auto-attack -_- Yes, I'm looking at you FFXIII!

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
You could control all your characters in FFXII?

Anyways, yeah I liked FFX, and yeah it could be cool as a remake, but do we really need it? Seeing as all the other HD re-releases have been 2-3 games, and this is just going to be 1, could we maybe see something extra than just HD-ification? Or maybe secretly include KH3 on there as well, making it the best thing EVER.

(Goddamn I want KH3. More than anything. Except maybe an actual Jak 4... Or a finished KOTOR2 and 3...And Jade Empire 2. Okay, never mind.)

While I also want them to finish FF Versus-XIII, KH3 needs to be made more.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
I was playing it about half an hour ago (beaten the dark aeons up to Shiva, Bahamut wiped the floor with me so I'm going after Yojimbo instead).

Why remake it? I mean, the graphics hold well enough now, it's bad but not terrible to look at, hell thinking on it, it looks better than some PS3 games I've played. A remake seems utterly pointless and a case of playing it safe and easy.

Remake a game that needs/deserves it, even 9 is graphically okay but it's far back enough that I would LOVE to see it redone. Of course I'm another VII fanboy myself (hey it was my first) and that would be my ideal remake but I'd take VI as well...

Of course, they could make the voice acting good and if it's a proper remake and not just an HD buff of shininess then it may work well enough, I'd buy it if it was, if it's the same game made slightly prettier (a la GoW) then sod it, I'll stick with playing my current PS2 version cheers...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
:p I do have a rather humorous story relating to FFX. A friend of mine thought it was too hard, to which I would laugh in his face at such a notion, and as such decided he wanted to use Game Shark to give himself a bit of an edge. He made all his characters super-powerful, but was unable to beat the game. Why? Because his Yuna was a goddess of power, and that meant all her Aeons were equally godly...so when he had to fight them all at the end, they would utterly wipe the floor with him. No contest.

But let me just say this, above all else, HERE is why FFX was an absolutely shitty game: it is literally impossible to lose against the main boss (Yevon) unless you kill yourself...TWICE! The disappointment felt while fighting the main boss cannot be calculated by human minds...I mean really? You're granted Re-Raise for your entire party and the only attack Yevon uses is gravity magic, so once you're down to 1 life it does no damage and basically lets you limit break all you want? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
I liked FFX. But there are so many other Final Fantasies worthy of a remake. Like FF7. Square is just being thick when they would rather Remake X then VII. Or IX. Or VI....

There would be nothing wrong with them making a FFVII remake. They would be giving the fans what they want and be going for a huge cash-grab. You know. Something EA and Activision always go for but get the flank for it. Square on the other hand would probably get away with this one.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Where is the Final Fantasy VII remake? Don't make me wait till the Playstation 4 (or 5).

Why is Square-Enix remaking FFX of all the FF games, anyhow? Can't say that I have been waiting for this. But if I do get a Playstation, I'll pick up the game eventually.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Wait, they're remaking the 10th one? That one actually look fairly good by modern standards isn't there some older game they have yet to remake that needs it more?

Syntax Man

Apr 8, 2008
I hate FFX, so it stands to reason that FFX with some HD spit shining will generate the exact same hatred from me, but hell, it'll give me an excuse to rail on the game some more.

Jun 11, 2008
No I don't hate it and don't want it there are other games that are better to remake but if that is the one they pick that is it. I was never engaged with that FF at all even less so than XII or XIII.