Poll: Firearms F.A.Q. IRL Edition (read first post if you are entering thread for the first time)

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
manbearpig91 said:
I shot an M4, AK47, sig 552, tactical shotgun, and 4 more handguns that i cannot remember the names of. My cousin (who owns the guns) enforced the rules so well they just became engrained. Hes a great teacher.

The AK47 is very terrifying BTW
give a brofist to your cousin for me and tell him he is awesome

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Overlord2702 said:
Stickyreiss said:
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
Suou Pavlichenko presents "Tips for proper lubrication to ensure safe and proper functioning in your PTRD-41"
Step 1: Apply a liberal amount of oil-based lubricants to the head of the barrel.

Step 2: Use a well-rounded surface to evenly coat the lubricant across the length and circumference of the barrel shaft.

Step 3: It helps to have a complete knowledge of your weapon's surface. Practice additional lubrication with other body parts to test your knowledge.

Step 4: Finally, test the surface tension with a quick lick. It should be suitably oily and salty, not gummy.

I hope this has been helpful and you will remember to always properly maintain your PTRD-41.
What is the wierdest looking gun you've ever seen?
top 8
i don't even know

FAMAS receiver and stock, P90 grips, G36C Rail and sights

again, i don;t even know

Artillery Officer Luger

Magpul prototype

shovel that fires 20mm grenades

What is this, i don't even...

not shopped
WTF is that last one. I think that 3rd last one like the japnese foot motor of WW2. The 2nd one i thought F2000 but its not so WTF is it

+ i rasie you
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/vyhlop.jpg
russian 12.7mm SILENCED sniper rifle

http://world.guns.ru/assault/asm-dt.jpg
Underwater assualt rifle

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/paw20-1.jpg
Just looks wried
nice

also fuck you guys, i can sextuple post if i want to, I'm Tom fucking Cruise

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Pyro Paul said:
it is a Convention weapon though. it is by default empty, and the firing pin is removed. the weapon could not fire even if the individual holding the gun desperatly wanted it to. it is basically a law of gun conventions to have innert weapons on display as they are handled by several individuals with no capability to do background or security checks on whom ever feels like walking up to your display.

if this was at a field or range. yeah this is not to handle a weapon.
if you tinker with a weapon you do it mag-less.
you never put the finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire.
you never point the weapon at a person unless if you intend to kill.

but this is because at a range or field you have to treat the weapon as it is live as there is the possibility that it is live.
This does not matter in the slightest. You ALWAYS handle a weapon as though it was loaded. There are plenty of people who have been killed because people thought a weapon wasn't loaded when they were handling it.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
there is a diffrence between thinking a gun shouldn't fire and knowing a gun can't fire.

as my dad once taught me: "learn the diffrence between a paper weight and a gun, and never forget it."

Ontoue

May 13, 2009
I'm not reading through 13 pages to see if this has been asked, so:

What is the difference between a clip and a magazine?

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Stickyreiss said:
manbearpig91 said:
I shot an M4, AK47, sig 552, tactical shotgun, and 4 more handguns that i cannot remember the names of. My cousin (who owns the guns) enforced the rules so well they just became engrained. Hes a great teacher.

What is the biggest gun/rifle you have ever fired?

This is the largest I've ever fired...
<spoiler=.50 rifle>http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9515/steyr2pa.jpg

Put my eye to close to the scope, thank god I was wearing shooting glasses. My arm was not feeling to well after that... It had a lot more recoil then I had suspected...

EDIT: When ever I go to a convention, and I have a rifle in my hands I always aim at the cieling, even when it isn't loaded...

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
manbearpig91 said:

What is the biggest gun/rifle you have ever fired?

This is the largest I've ever fired...
<spoiler=.50 rifle>http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9515/steyr2pa.jpg

Put my eye to close to the scope, thank god I was wearing shooting glasses. My arm was not feeling to well after that... It had a lot more recoil then I had suspected...

EDIT: When ever I go to a convention, and I have a rifle in my hands I always aim at the cieling, even when it isn't loaded...
I got to hold a rifle in .600 nitro at a convention, the largest I've fired was the short barrel S&W 500, almost flew outta my hands

Pyro Paul said:
there is a diffrence between thinking a gun shouldn't fire and knowing a gun can't fire.

as my dad once taught me: "learn the diffrence between a paper weight and a gun, and never forget it."
You just don't do it, and you're the first person I've known who's challenged that, you just don't do it. thats as far as I'm willing to discuss because so far it's been

you: theres a difference between a show gun and a real one
Me: you still treat them the same
we arent getting anywhere

[/discussion]

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Stickyreiss said:
Uh, you didn't answer my question though... I do agree with your statement. Never aim a weapon, loaded or not. Working or not at another human being... Unless your in the military and in a battle or someone has a gun pointed at you...

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Ontoue said:

clips hold rounds together to be put into a an internal magazine, the clip does not feed rounds into the weapon, magazines are full enclosures, and feed directly into the weapon
left to right: AK style MAGAZINE, Stripper CLIP for a C-96 (the clip does not enter the weapon, it just helps to load it), Moon CLIP for a 6 shot revolver AKA Speed-loader, and an En-Bloc ClLIP for an M1 Garand (PING) the En-Bloc clip actually holds the rounds inside of the weapon, and is ejected when empty

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
Uh, you didn't answer my question though... I do agree with your statement. Never aim a weapon, loaded or not. Working or not at another human being... Unless your in the military and in a battle or someone has a gun pointed at you...
did you mean to quote pyro paul? if not, what was the question you asked, the only one i saw was "whats the biggest gun you've fired?"

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Stickyreiss said:
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
did you mean to quote pyro paul? if not, what was the question you asked, the only one i saw was "whats the biggest gun you've fired?"
Yes, that question... Nedd info, now... :D

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
Smagmuck08 said:
Stickyreiss said:
Yes, that question... Nedd info, now... :D
i answered back in post #448 READ MORE

here it is coppypasted: I got to hold a rifle in .600 nitro at a convention, the largest I've fired was the short barrel S&W 500, almost flew outta my hands

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Stickyreiss said:
A La Snip.
Oh, that rifle I fired had a lot of recoil, I didn't think about it so I put My eye up really close to the scope, and pulled the trigger. Good thing I was wearing shooting glasses, otherwise I would have had a fractured skull. And I brused my shoulder too, ow...

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Ontoue said:

a clip holds rounds.
a magazine feeds rounds.

technically all removable magazines are 'box clips' in the sense that they hold ammunition, only when they are attached to the gun do they aid in the function of seating the next round to be chambered.

but that is technicalities and vauge definitions.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Stickyreiss said:
Pyro Paul said:

You just don't do it, and you're the first person I've known who's challenged that, you just don't do it. thats as far as I'm willing to discuss because so far it's been

[/discussion]
they are handling a paper weight shaped like a gun.
so there is nothing really wrong with what they are doing.

i challenge it because i was taught to not be stupid.
making blind assumptions that defy logic is just that.
i have a marlin that has no firing chamber, no bolt, no feed.
it is mearly a barrel, trigger, magazine and hammer.

i treat it like a paper weight because that is what it is. there is no chance that weapon is going to magically load a bullet and fire it while it lacks all of those things and to presume that it is capable of doing that and treating it like that is just stupid.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Stickyreiss said:
striker and jackhammer are traditional semi auto action with a drum magazine (AA-12 takes drums too) I posted revolver action earlier in the thread
wrong, and wrong.

the Striker-12 has a Double Action Operation (DAO) and acctually works exactly like a Revolving cylinder pistol. however because individual shot gun rounds are much larger, trigger pulls would be more more difficult to achieve on standard Double Action methods. so a clock-work spring was added to aid in the loading method making each trigger pull just as easy as the last.

the JackHammer, although it uses a gas operation, uses the system to revolve the cylinder in much a simliar way as to a standard single action pistol revolver.

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Pyro Paul said:
Stickyreiss said:
striker and jackhammer are traditional semi auto action with a drum magazine (AA-12 takes drums too) I posted revolver action earlier in the thread
wrong, and wrong.

the Striker-12 has a Double Action Operation (DAO) and acctually works exactly like a Revolving cylinder pistol. however because individual shot gun rounds are much larger, trigger pulls would be more more difficult to achieve on standard Double Action methods. so a clock-work spring was added to aid in the loading method making each trigger pull just as easy as the last.

the JackHammer, although it uses a gas operation, uses the system to revolve the cylinder in much a simliar way as to a standard single action pistol revolver.
ok mister Determined-to-knock-me-down-a-peg, the Striker does have a revolving cylinder that operates similar to a revolver action pistol, but i presumed that the poster was asking about a shotgun akin to hte one i posted earlier and tailored my post accordingly. lets all chill out now.

Pyro Paul said:
Stickyreiss said:
Pyro Paul said:

[/discussion]
they are handling a paper weight shaped like a gun.
so there is nothing really wrong with what they are doing.

i challenge it because i was taught to not be stupid.
making blind assumptions that defy logic is just that.
i have a marlin that has no firing chamber, no bolt, no feed.
it is mearly a barrel, trigger, magazine and hammer.

i treat it like a paper weight because that is what it is. there is no chance that weapon is going to magically load a bullet and fire it while it lacks all of those things and to presume that it is capable of doing that and treating it like that is just stupid.
ok, ok, fine, i can't convince you, now lets all calm down, you're harshing my mellow man, this is a thread for getting along.

Big Bill Hell

Dec 3, 2008
In terms of 80's movies guns, which is better, A chopped-and-converted hk94, or an M16a1 with A2 handguards?

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Big Bill Hell said:
In terms of 80's movies guns, which is better, A chopped-and-converted hk94, or an M16a1 with A2 handguards?
In real life, the H&K is more expensive, but the M16-A1 was super duper duper prone to jamming.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Can you buy me one of these please? Cos they are totally fucking awesome. Not very practical, but who cares?!

[small]It is Christmas after all. [/small]

EDIT: Also, what do you think of this?

A "tacticool" Side by Side shotgun.

The gun snob in me is sickened by it, and I really doubt it's practicality, it looks like shit, so why would anyone want one?