Poll: Fish. Battered, Crumbed, Seared or other?

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Poll time!

How do you like your fish, and why?

I don't mind most ways, but I do prefer crumbed. Especially with lemon juice or a solid garlic sauce.

If you have your fish another way, do let us know how. In fact, I would encourage recipe sharing, because I need more fish in my diet.

Thanks!

[EDIT: The Japanese is direct from Google Translate. Apologies if anyone who reads Kanji/Katakana has a coniption fit over poor translation. :D]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Battered or crumbed. S'all good.

Also not averse to smoked fish. Although it's an easy taste to get sick of.

Aug 23, 2014
All of the above.. And yes, sometimes I cannot tolerate fish.

If I had to pick one: Sushi.

While I do know of a few fish recipes, I will keep to my theme of raw with a south American dish known as Ceviche.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche

A rather simple dish to make, admittedly, that doesn't need all the fancy spices.

1Life0Continues

Jul 8, 2013
Zhukov said:
Battered or crumbed. S'all good.

Also not averse to smoked fish. Although it's an easy taste to get sick of.
I've not had smoked fish before. Unless you count accidentally leaving a salmon steak in the oven too long. xD
Fish jerky is smoked I think, and that's an odd taste experience.

This is re-great-table said:
All of the above.. And yes, sometimes I cannot tolerate fish.

If I had to pick one: Sushi.

While I do know of a few fish recipes, I will keep to my theme of raw with a south American dish known as Ceviche.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche

A rather simple dish to make, admittedly, that doesn't need all the fancy spices.
Ceviche sounds delicious! Reminds me a little of Sashimi, which I am a very big believer in.

Thanks for the input! :D

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I definitely sway more towards crumbed. I dunno but when I have battered fish it can go really well or really badly. (Some people do batter differently and I'm a fussy eater). But crumbed rarely goes wrong. :D

Also a big fan of just Salmon on it's own, maybe cooked with a bit of butter. :3 (no lemon though, blugh).

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I actually thought this was a thread about Phil fish. I thought somethig horrible had happened to him.

OT: I don't like fish. So i prefer them deep in the ocean away from me.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
What, no "without bones" option? ,)

Tasty fish is tasty. If only their bones were bigger. Hmmm.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Kibbeling (deep fried battered fish pieces)
http://honestcooking.com/kibbeling-deep-fried-battered-fish-pieces/

Pretty much the only fish I actually like. Well and fishsticks.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone who chooses battered has earned my judging stare.

OP: 刺身ください would be better (sashimi please), which would also be my choice.

Aug 31, 2012
Battered, with chips and mushy peas, obviously.

Other than that I do really like smoked fish.

I do really like a good fish pie as well. Usually fish with white sauce and sweetcorn with a topping of mashed potato.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
A grilled salmon steak marinated just right is the most divine thing in the universe.
But even discounting that, I adore most seafood in general. Grill it, fry it, serve it with pasta, put it in sushi... I love it all.

1Life0Continues

Jul 8, 2013
Baffle said:
Crumbed and massive. Not a fan of how oily battered fish can feel.

Smoked cobbler is good.
All I can think of when someone says "cobbler" is a wizened little old man making shoes in a dinky shopping mall kiosk.
So "smoked cobbler" elicits chuckles from me.

I agree that batter can often feel really oily. It's why I tend to steer clear most of the time.

But sometimes you really want that oily battered fish....usually after a long night of imbibing, I find.

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
I prefer fish either battered or cooked some other way without the batter. Preferably with tartare sauce, chips and peas.

Crumbed is okay; but I haven't had enough raw fish to comment)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Grilled. I had a big grilled salmon once. So delicious...I may never go back.

I'd usually have that with peas and mashed potato instead of chips. Maybe a nice Mornay sauce too...yum.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I prefer baked salmon. I'm not a huge fan of fish, but I do love salmon, especially when it's baked. Mmm, salmon.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Depends on the kind of fish. Shark is good battered or pan-fried. Swordfish, pan-fried or grilled. Tuna I prefer to have as sashimi.