Poll: Flat pop

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
If its anything cola-like, hell no.
Anything else i don't mind.

Although the really cheap (40p for 2 litres) lemonade that they sell at the nearest supermarket is just GODLY when flat..

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I cannot stand too much fizziness. I don't know if I'm just sensitive or what, but it feels like a million fiery needles that I definitely do not want in my mouth. Flat or just a bit de-fizzed, I really don't care as long as it's not super fizzy. Or root beer. Man, I hate root beer.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
A lot of people are talking about other things going flat besides just normal cola, and don't think I've had any other soda go flat besides cola, but OT I hate it when it goes flat.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I don't like it, but I can't let a soda go to waste just because it's flat.

That would just be sick.

Fizzy it is.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
If I have a 2-liter of coke/sprite that's gone flat, I'll gladly drink it, but I don't actively de-fizz my soda.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Well, for me it really depends. My sodas usually only go flat if they are left open, but if they have been left in the fridge, unopened but I find out they're flat, I'll drink it, but if it's warm it goes down the drain.

Barley Seed

Mar 7, 2011
Depends on the pop. Flat Pepsi Max (cherry, citrus, original) tastes divine, but on the other hand flat Dr Pepper tastes like horse shit.

Coffinshaker

Feb 16, 2011
lol... pop...

but yeah, flat soda is pretty gross. sprite is tolerable and ginger ale isn't so bad, but the rest are just awful... except rootbeer... that's pretty much poison when it's warm and flat.

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
I enjoy flat coke and lemonade. Lemonade in particular tastes like grapes when it's flat

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I find that most drinks are of reduced quality if they should be fizzy but have gone flat. The exception being Dr. Pepper. It's so deliciously good when flat.Just as good as when fizzy. The word pop describing a drink irritates me for some reason though. Must be an english thing.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Depends on the flavor. I cannot stand flat coke or rootbeer but lighter pops like mountain dew, orange or sprite still taste fine. I like my pop fizzy though, the only time I drink flat pop is if it's a old and I don't want to waste it.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
BlazeRaider said:
Anyone else like flat pop? I personally hate the fizz, IMO gets in the way of the sugary goodness and replaces it with an unpleasant burning sensation. I'll spend upwards of 10 minutes shaking a bottle and slowly releasing the fizz then drink it fizzy.
... you know you can just drop a spoonful of sugar in it and it'll decarbonate, right?

OT: No. It's disgusting. I've had flat Dr Pepper, it tastes like the syrup alone. I like it sweet, but not that sweet.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Depends on the soda. As has been stated, some taste better flat and others taste better fizzy.

Considering how horrific soda is for you, taste and caffeine content are basically the only reasonable reasons to drink soda anyway, so drink it as ye like!