Poll: Flat pop

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
BlazeRaider said:
I'll spend upwards of 10 minutes shaking a bottle and slowly releasing the fizz then drink it fizzy.
You let all the fizz out then you drink it fizzy? How does that work? Surely letting all the fizz out renders it impossible to be drank fizzy again.
;)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
let some of the fizz out of coke and Dr Pepper, leave it in the fridge till it's nice and cold, that's the best!

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
The carbonation is the best bit though... I couldn't answer your poll either, as I find it depends on what fizzy drink it is. For example, I prefer my Dr. Pepper to be only slightly carbonated, whilst any lemon/lime flavoured fizzy drink has to be almost fully carbonated for me to properly enjoy it.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
When I first saw the thread I was thinking... WTF is "pop"?
Anyhoo, I've been known to drink flat coke when no one else wants it, but I much prefer fizzy soda.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SenseOfTumour said:
Flat pop is on a par with a flat rollercoaster for me, the main point of it's existence is gone.

If a bottle doesn't go 'tssst' when I open it, it's going down the toilet, even if I don't have any more. I'd rather drink water than stale, old soda.

Hey, we can't all agree, right?
Flat cola used to be drinkable for me as a little kid, but then my tastes refined or something. Because pouring or shaken around tends to be the main cause of pop going flat, I tend to pour away 2 liter bottles when they're about three inches above the little stub things at the base.

That said, there's nothing so crisp and refreshing as a fresh, ice cold coke. Particularly from a can.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
MisterM2402 said:
BlazeRaider said:
I'll spend upwards of 10 minutes shaking a bottle and slowly releasing the fizz then drink it fizzy.
You let all the fizz out then you drink it fizzy? How does that work? Surely letting all the fizz out renders it impossible to be drank fizzy again.
;)
He must have a brutal case of OCD coupled with access to a soda stream.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
It depends on the country (Each one has a different amount of fizz for most sodas sold) and the soda. But generally, yes, I prefer them with less fizz.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
binnsyboy said:
MisterM2402 said:
BlazeRaider said:
;)
"Those bubbles are dirty; better use my own."

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
MisterM2402 said:
binnsyboy said:
MisterM2402 said:
BlazeRaider said:
;)
Sorry to bog this down with lowest common denominator shit, but the way you said that reminded me of the Bear Grylls meme.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
I actually hated fizzed drinks till I was 10 and tried some beer...

Now I don't really drink soda. 'cept ginger beer. That stuff rules.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Dutch 924 said:
Lemonade in particular tastes like grapes when it's flat
questionmark

OT: I don't prefer it, except ginger ale. Flat ginger ale is nectar of Heaven.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
binnsyboy said:
MisterM2402 said:
binnsyboy said:
MisterM2402 said:
BlazeRaider said:
;)
Sorry to bog this down with lowest common denominator shit, but the way you said that reminded me of the Bear Grylls meme.
Yeah, I thought that too :) haha

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I actually prefer room temperature soda. Unlike stuff in fridge, it doesn't change taste. I drink slowly so that is a big plus.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
SenorStocks said:
Flat Coke is so much nicer than fizzy Coke. I'm stunned at how many people have said that they will throw it away if it's gone flat. Mental!
Unless it has been watered down like in McDonalds, it tastes horribly.

Removes the acidic taste of the CO2, feels as sugary but much more sour. I won't throw it away, but it's not the same thing.

And flat Fanta makes me puke.